Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2020, 06:52 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak
State: New York
THOR #377
Wiper cover

We use a pool noodle. Just slit it down the side and slide it over your wiper. Not beautiful but $1 at the Dollar Store and works great.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:04 PM   #22

Model: Challenger 37FH
State: California
THOR #19539
I use pool noodles as well. They seem to do the trick.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:42 PM   #23

Model: Chateau V25
THOR #19470
Pipe insulation material works great. It's already split down the middle so all you need to do is slide it on.
puppygeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 12:36 AM   #24

Model: Majestic
State: Ontario
THOR #14462
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONJON View Post
Hey ya'll! I am a loyal reader but not much on questions. This is no biggie, but I bought some new wiper blades (32 inch) a couple weeks ago and was a bit shocked at the price. Since the Outlaw is a 2020, there weren't a lot of sunny days on them and even fewer miles, but the originals were not cleaning the windshield well and even started to split the rubber at one end. It got me thinking that maybe I should protect those pricey wipers from the Florida sun when sitting idle. Do you all use wiper covers, and if so, have you noticed any significant benefit? What about covers and lifting them off the windshield (sprung out) for long periods of storage? Thanks, and keep up the great posts and advice!
I use the 3/4" pipe wrap found at hardware stores. Already slit down the side just cut to length of wiper and slide it on. Works great year round.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:43 AM   #25

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Hey ya'll! I am a loyal reader but not much on questions. This is no biggie, but I bought some new wiper blades (32 inch) a couple weeks ago and was a bit shocked at the price. Since the Outlaw is a 2020, there weren't a lot of sunny days on them and even fewer miles, but the originals were not cleaning the windshield well and even started to split the rubber at one end. It got me thinking that maybe I should protect those pricey wipers from the Florida sun when sitting idle. Do you all use wiper covers, and if so, have you noticed any significant benefit? What about covers and lifting them off the windshield (sprung out) for long periods of storage? Thanks, and keep up the great posts and advice!
pool noodles. Cut to size. Slice them lengthwise. Slip them over your wipers when stationary at home or at park. I’m seeing more and more people use this method. Do not drive with them on.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:52 AM   #26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #15963
Quote:
Many folks take the $3.00 pool noodles, cut them to size and slit them down the middle so they can slide them over the wipers to protect them. Cleaning the blades with denatured alcohol on a regular basis not only makes them last longer and allows them to do a better job also.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:38 AM   #27

THOR #14070
I did this...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5155.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	26181

Tags
windshield, wipers