Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-08-2020, 04:24 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #17925
I ended up using super glue to glue the crack together until I could get to the rv store. Then I put the TPO patch kit on top (super sticky stuff) and then went around all of the edges with a clear caulk that the rv store said is used with the TPO. I check my roof pretty often so I will just keep an eye on it. I didn't want to replace the vent because the plastic doesn't seem that strong and because of the location of the vent on the roof it might get hit by a low branch again. The TPO patch is strong stuff so I basically strengthened that area of the vent to be able to take more of a hit.

Old 09-14-2020, 10:40 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #14082
all of this information is very very valuable. I discovered a crack in my skylight cover yesterday. I temporarily put a piece of TyVec tape on the crack until I could find a reasonable solution. I asked Thor who the manufacturer was but never got a reply. I could be a company named “Specialty Recreation” or ICON but more likely a product of Ventline. In any case, my skylight is 26” x 16” and cost about $115.00(+/-) not including shipping and the Dicor sealer. So, I am going to get some TPO or other single ply roofing self adhesive material (comes in rolls) and apply that. Yes, that stuff sticks super duper well. I probably will add some to all of the four sides to strenthen the polycarbonate material. All of these were fantastic ideas for an issue that will simply reoccur. Thank you tons guys!