Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger
State: Illinois
THOR #228
Hydraulic fluid line burst

45 min into trip home from Florida to Illinois we had a warning beep plus a concerned driver who witnessed a huge puddle appearing under our rig at a stop light. Thank heavens we were close to a camping world and looks like we will be here for the week end for parts and warranty work. I don t think we got a very good checking over when new vehicle was bought. I am frustrated with my trip being ruined again 37dt challenger♨

Old 03-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger
State: Illinois
THOR #228
Well we spent 3 nights at camping world and are finally fixed. Thanks heavens we were so close to this place in bartow, Florida. Personnel was aways polite and did try to get us fixed ASAP. Will continue trip tomorrow morning....hear that area around St. Louis is still havi g bad weather so guess no need to hurry. I am shopped out...what else can one do when coach is being repaired! Just keep enough miller light for hubby on hand.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:18 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
Glad to hear everything is fixed. Hope you have a safe and uneventful rest of the trip home.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Indiana
THOR #234
No paint codes from factory

I was just informed from Dutchmen at 5:00PM that there are no paint codes listed for my 2012 coach.
What's up with that?
Dan Delong from Dutchmen said that I have to go to a paint and body shop and match paint chips. WOW! It's like I have a 1950's pick up that I'm trying to match paint.
This is unacceptable. There are 4 different paint schemes. Dutchmen wasn't bright enough to hang on to the paint numbers. Actually, I should be able to order things just from my VIN number.
A couple months ago I wanted to know what my kitchen counter was made of. Dutchmen didn't know what was installed, Duh?
I had a 2005 K-Z 5er before this one and ordered stuff right from my VIN number. They knew what color my cabinets, decals, and hardware, were.
I've got to thrash THOR for not paying attention to the companies they own. They have quality control issues, also.
I know that Redwood (another THOR company) keeps their paint code numbers.
Thor, you need to watch your kids (companies).
Please fire the idiot CEO at Dutchmen that's not "minding the store" or factory in this case.

2012 Infinity 3850RL
2011 Ford F-350 FX4 6.7 Diesel
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote