Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2018, 06:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 23U
State: Missouri
THOR #8692
No Water from the kitchen sink! What have I done now?

The Bettye was dewinterized this morning. Filled the water tank, closed all the faucets, purged the water heater, checked everything twice. Turned on the pump. Opened the farthest faucet first: outdoor shower, got air then water. Did the same with the shower, bathroom sink, toilet too. Opened the cold side of the kitchen sink, got air, then nothing! WTH? Opened the hot, same thing! WTF? Checked everything again! Checked purge valve on heater too! Checked bypass valve! Still no water, and no air either. Scratched my head, yelled at this
POS rig! Psyche.....She's Not a POS! Sat down and thought for a minute.....My one brain cell ain't the smartest thing....
Ah Ha Moment ahead...... Unscrewed the aerator for the kitchen sink! Eureka!
It was clogged with small sandy bits! Must have been from the heater scale maybe. Anyway, cleaned it and now she works like a champ! Thank God, cuz she's up to bat next weekend! Short trip to Iowa for Nephew's Graduation from college! Woo Hoo!

Old 04-29-2018, 09:32 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 31A
State: Iowa
THOR #3906
I was just going to post the same thing! I will check the aerator......where is that?
2014 Passport Grand Touring
2014 Thor Chateau 31A
Sivymp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:41 PM   #3

THOR #3906
Nope found the aerator. Not the issue.
2014 Thor Chateau 31A
Old 04-29-2018, 10:17 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Glad to hear that you found the solution, before throwing things became the next best option!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:32 AM   #5

THOR #8692
You may want to check the hot water bypass valve. Just an idea!
Old 04-30-2018, 06:40 PM   #6

THOR #3906
Yup tried that too. Going to take the hoses off and run water to see if it might be the faucet or something else but need someone here to turn on the water at the hose end.
2014 Thor Chateau 31A
Old 05-01-2018, 10:35 AM   #7

Model: Challenger 37YT
State: Tennessee
THOR #10421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivymp1 View Post
Nope found the aerator. Not the issue.
Your faucet lines may be what's clogged. A friend had the same issue, his sink had very poor water flow after de-winterizing. We even took the whole faucet head off so there was nothing obstructing the flow but no good pressure. I took an air tank, turned on the hot and cold at the sink, opened the cold water back in the bathroom to bleed off the air/water and shot a few blasts of air through the pipe where the faucet head hooked up. That cleared the line and the water works fine now. The water in the sink in the bath clogged afterwards so we took the aerator out and it was plugged with crud, cleaned it and all is well. You'd be surprised at what will come out of those pipes depending on the MH age, different water being run through it, etc.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:50 PM   #8

THOR #3906
Watched a video on You Tube, took supply lines off and ran water through, good pressure, water all over but good pressure. Now I knew it was the faucet, went to Home Depot bought a Delta faucet, install works like a charm. Now if I need parts I can go there and not have to figure out what brand, order on internet wait and hope it works.
2014 Thor Chateau 31A
Old 05-09-2018, 11:12 PM   #9

THOR #8692
Bad Water Pump!

This past weekend, Deb and I drove The Bettye up to Iowa for our nephew's graduation from Iowa Weslayan University. We stayed at a wonderful spot: Oakland Mills Park, South Shore campsite.
Our water has never been overwhelming in the pressure category. Today was no exception....except when Deb got back in from her run in the morning and wanted a shower.....Well No Water at all. No pump noise, No trickle either! UGH!
Hooked up to city water and all worked fine. Checked fuses, use/store switch etc. No use. This afternoon, removed said pump: (WFCO) PDS1RV25. Didn't work when attached to 12 v power. So, here we go to Amazon!
Got new Sure-Flo 4008, 30 psi accumulator, Quiet Kit & foam insulation for the water tubing. Cheap prices, 2 day shipping.
Hopefully the wife and The Bettye will be back on the road and Happy soon! I'll keep ya posted!