Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-08-2018, 01:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 32HD
State: Florida
THOR #13677
Bcc th1020

I have a 2013 Thor Daybreak 32HD, there is a 20amp circuit breaker on my Battery Control Center, that has tripped a couple of times. Just wondering if anyone has had problems with this. I also had problems with house batteries going dead while driving.

Old 11-09-2018, 04:18 AM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Do you mean you have to go into your BCC cabinet and reset the small grey 50 amp cct breaker on the circuit board a few times? This cct breaker connects to the 12VDC charge feed connection from your converter. So something is causing the cct breaker to trip.....drawing too much current from the battery charger. Have you tested the specific gravity of each cell in your coach batteries and chassis battery recently? Have they ever been replaced? This might be a good starting point.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:04 PM   #3

THOR #13677
All batteries new, within 6 months. Only happened on trip back from Maine to Florida, coach batteries went dead while driving, that's when the breaker tripped. Had to use a jump box, to run slides and jacks. I don't think vehicle alternator was charging house batteries. I have since replaced charge/boost relay in BCC. Now when running veh I get 14.2 volts to house batts
Old 11-11-2018, 01:14 AM   #4

THOR #2631
Glad to hear you solved your coach battery charge problem. You must have had some fun replacing the interconnect relay in the BCC if it is the same unit as my 2013 ACE. There is a schematic for the typical RV Custom manufactured BCC available on the web if you ever need it. Very useful for understanding the operation of the BCC.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:13 PM   #5

State: California
THOR #13759
Hello,

I did replace the house batteries with brand new ones, but still not getting power from it. Do you mind showing a pic of the circuit breaker? I am new to troubleshooting and the forum. i thought i posted a question already hahaha. Appreciate your help
Old 11-16-2018, 11:33 PM   #6

THOR #13759
i found it but didn't solved the problem, its the yellow 'flag' in the battery bay that solved my problem...
Old 11-17-2018, 12:28 AM   #7

THOR #2631
Hi, well you sound like you found your main 100 Amp breaker that feeds the high load 12VDC items like the Generator start motor and the hydraulic jack electric pump......plus in my case..... the rest of the loads that run off the Coach batteries (assuming your 100 Amp is in series with the Coach batteries like mine is). I am attaching a picture of my battery hookup and the 100 Amp breaker is mounted on the wall right side. Note the fuse mounted on the +12v terminal of one battery......it feeds an inverter that I installed since the 2013 ACE 30.1 was not equipped with one.

Sometimes the frustration of looking for these electrical items yourself pays off as you become more intimately familiar with where things are located in your coach. Start your own smart book.....so if anything happens again you know where to go to check for a trip or fault condition. Unfortunately breakers and relays can look quite different from one coach to the next even in the same line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Cabling.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	14109  
Old 11-17-2018, 12:35 AM   #8

THOR #2631
Oops...this is a pre inverter install picture so no 200 Amp fuse for that is shown on my previous picture.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:36 AM   #9

THOR #13759
Thank you, that's a good idea, to make my own smart book. I am excited learning new stuffs and i thank the forum, it's a very helpful resource.

Next to thing to work on, generator..
Old 11-18-2018, 09:34 PM   #10

THOR #13677
Thanks, do you know where I can get that schematic?
Old 11-18-2018, 09:50 PM   #11

THOR #2631
Hi I assume you are talking about the BCC schematic......try the following hyperlink to a post from another web site.....it is for a Hurricane model but mostly they are the same RV Custom BCC schematic and information. You will learn a lot from the description of how the BCC operates. Have fun.

Hurricane Battery Disconnect - iRV2 Forums
Old 11-24-2018, 11:17 PM   #12

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Electric Chair

That switch runs the electric chair for your dear Mother-in-law!
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 03:21 PM   #13

THOR #13677
I don't get it. Was that supposed to be funny?
Old 11-25-2018, 06:05 PM   #14

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoguen View Post
I don't get it. Was that supposed to be funny?
Well yeah!
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote