Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-11-2020, 01:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano 24TT
State: Ohio
THOR #17905
Delano trouble

Has anyone else had maintenance issues with the Thor Delano? We purchased our unit brand new in January, and it has been a nightmare of problems. We had defective flooring, water pump issues, ignition issues, replaced oxygen sensor, water intrusion from ceiling and storage department, blind malfunctions, tank sensors out of wack, and now the refrigerator doesn’t work. We are so frustrated!

Old 07-11-2020, 02:19 PM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Hopefully someone with a Delano can talk about their experiences with this model.

It sounds like you have a mix of Mercedes issues and Thor issues. Not sure if the water pump problem was for engine cooling or the fresh water tank but the ignition and O2 sensor issues are Mercedes problems. The flooring, blinds and water issues is all on on Thor. The fridge will be handled by Thor even though they don't make it. Tank sensors are notably unreliable in some cases for many different reasons.

It is unfortunate that you had some veryl bad luck having issues with three different manufacturers, which is compounding your frustrations.

I'm not sure what dealer you are using.... but for the Thor issues, I would call Thor and ask for an appointment at the Thor Factory Service Center in Wakarusa. They are the best and will fix everything to your satisfaction and better than the day it rolled off the assembly line.

You are stuck taking it to Mercedes for engine / chassis related issues.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:49 PM   #3

THOR #17905
Thank you, Judge, for your thoughtful reply. By the way, the water pump issue was for the fresh water tank. We have been using General RV, North Canton, Ohio. I’m thinking your suggestion of traveling to Thor factory might be a good idea!
Old 07-11-2020, 04:07 PM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
I bought my Magnitude at General RV in Canton as well. I have had my coach there for a month now getting a long list of warranty items fixed before my warranty is up in October. I'm picking it up on Monday so we will see how they did. So far my customer service rep has been great. She has communicated with me regularly and letting me know what was completed and what was remaining. They even got Thor to approve repainting the front end because the finish was rough from overspray from the factory.

I did have some work done at the Thor Service Center last November and they did a great job and they are a great group of people to work with..... they're goal is to make things right and the customer happy.

When I bought my first coach, I was a little frustrated as well. I was not familiar with the RV industry and I expected the same quality and workmanship as when buying a car. I had several issues as well. I quickly learned that almost every manufacturer suffers in the quality and workmanship department.... and many dealers are not that great after the sale. They sell so many brands and then have cheap labor in service that turns over regularly that they cannot be experts on any given make or model.

Fortunately I am very mechanically inclined and I fix and upgrade things when I can... even when it is under warranty.... because I know I can usually do a better job.

That's why I always suggest the Thor Factory Service Center. All they do is fix Thor products. They know the weaknesses and failure points and they know how to fix them and make them better than new.

Best thing to do is be polite with them while expressing your frustration and they will work to make you happy. Then you need to take it in stride and forget about the issues and start enjoying it and the lifestyle.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:52 PM   #5

State: Arizona
THOR #20061
Delano trouble

Hi Claude
I was wondering what your floor issues are with the Delano. I got mine in January too and from the start there were black spots showing up on the flooring which could only be removed with lighter fuel. And now the flooring seems to detach and starts warping in several places. Do you have the same problems?
I called Thor about this and they said they haven't heard about this issue and that I have to take it to the dealer for them to look at it. My dealer is La Mesa in Phoenix.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:26 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
That almost sounds like mold.
Are you having any issues with water intrusion, or excess moisture?

By the way: Welcome to the forum!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:27 PM   #7

THOR #17905
Our floor issues sound just like yours! Our dealer, General RV, in North Canton, Ohio, replaced our floor. We are noticing the same black spots showing up again. We are wondering if it is caused from grease dripping from slides.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:56 PM   #8

THOR #20061
Delano problems

It’s definitely not mold. We live in the Arizona desert about as dry as it gets and had no leaks so far.
I did wonder if it comes from the slides but the spots show up in places beyond the slide out.
So did your dealer notice anything when he took the flooring out? Did yours warp too?
Old 12-08-2020, 11:32 PM   #9

THOR #20061
Delano trouble

This message is for Claude
We were in touch shortly back in August regarding our problems with the Delano. I asked you about your flooring issues since I had experienced those black, gooey spots that turn up all the time. You said that your dealer replaced the flooring but the spots came back.
I took my Delano back to the dealer and asked him to replace the flooring, but Thor refuses to do so claiming that they don't use black glue and they don't know where these black spots are coming from. It's very frustrating.
I was wondering if Thor approved your claim to replace the flooring with regards to the black spots. I would appreciate your input on this issue.
Thank you!
Old 07-02-2022, 04:50 PM   #10

State: Minnesota
THOR #27278
Although this thread is a couple years old wanted to share our experience as well.

Our Delano isn't over a year old and we share your frusterations with the maintenance and seemingly non-stop issues. We bought it brand new and the first trip the refrigerator busted on us. Since then, we've had the tire valve stamp fail multiple times. Recently our leveling jacks system has failed and tank sensors need a look as well. Constant problems with the side door. Along with the floor and blind malfunctions that others have mentioned too.

Initially thought we were just unlucky but seems like it could be an inherent problem with the build?

Hope others fare better.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:19 PM   #11

State: Alabama
THOR #29034
Yes, I bought brand new 2022 Delano and most time it's in the dealer lot and never get chance to use. I have a long list to fix. won't buy any RV from Thor and they have poor quality control and also most RV dealers won't help , they can use 1 or 2 months and just send claims to factory without doing any repairs. Before I won outdoor travel trailer and no any issues and keep 3 years. it's just 30k, this rig with msrp 200k and they are using the cheaper TV which only cost $100 and I upgrade it to $500 TV
Old 03-02-2023, 06:41 PM   #12

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
So reminiscent of my very recent visit to look at the new Tiburon (same exact coach but different name for more dealer saturation). All four of them had serious build and mechanical issues dellivered that way to the dealer. We walked away from Thor. The black spots may be adhesives/sealant stuck to the bottom of the slide/rollers and spreading when it moved in and out. If it's not in a slide area...it sounds really weird.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 06:46 PM   #13

THOR #29136
Have same problem on a 2023 Delano. Per the dealer, sub floor wood is stamped with a black colored label and this bleeds thru what is described as home quality vinyl. When this dealer repairs the problem they apply Kilz or some other stain blocker on top of the wood. Thor is replacing under warranty. Designer of this floor should have head examined. Labor intensive jog and would have cost Thor <$100 to do it right the 1st time.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:45 PM   #14

THOR #29136
Follow up on my problem with the floor. Dealer claimed they replaced the floor and still has same problems(buckling) Bet they could have spent about $50 more on the build and installed premium vinyl which is becoming more prevalent in homes and businesses