Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2020, 01:48 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Hi everyone confused directv or dish and who installs the dish on the top of the rv?

Does dish move or fixed

Who is cheapest with 3 TV in the motorhome home,?
How does signal get to each tv?

Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:50 AM   #42

THOR #20220
Bill how do cables run into the rv to 3 TV?
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 10-15-2020, 02:06 AM   #43

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
My class A has 4 tv's but my old tailgater can only run one tv at a time. Some of the new units can run more. My motorhome is new so I haven't run a cable through the body yet. My old Jayco I just ran it inside the door, this one l move a screen and run it inside till l come up with a professional way of running the cable through the wall or from under the coach.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:00 AM   #44

State: Utah
THOR #12702
dish set up

Quote:
Hi everyone confused directv or dish and who installs the dish on the top of the rv
Does dish move or fixed

Who is cheapest with 3 TV in the motorhome home,?
How does signal get to each tv?
We purchased our dish through camping world on sale and install was about $50, wiring was put in the bedroom, living area and outdoor tv. we purchased 3 "wally's" for the tv sets and all we had to do was call dish with the serial numbers to get them in the system, now when we use the rv all we do is call and activate for around $7 each. we really haven't used the outdoor tv except for the super bowl last year so we are usually paying an extra $14 per month when in the rv
Old 10-15-2020, 09:50 AM   #45

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stegski View Post
If you upgrade to the jeanie to you’ll be sorry because they will make you get two separate accounts. Your receiver in your RV will not work for jeanie too so stay with jeanie one and never upgrade. They may or may not tell you that which I was not told but after all the time and I feel like they miss lead me they would not give me back my old equipment they said they cannot do that.
You are correct, only one Genie per account

The 24's will record two channels at once
Old 10-15-2020, 10:03 AM   #46

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramar View Post
We purchased our dish through camping world on sale and install was about $50, wiring was put in the bedroom, living area and outdoor tv. we purchased 3 "wally's" for the tv sets and all we had to do was call dish with the serial numbers to get them in the system, now when we use the rv all we do is call and activate for around $7 each. we really haven't used the outdoor tv except for the super bowl last year so we are usually paying an extra $14 per month when in the rv
What is your total monthly rate and channel package?
Old 10-15-2020, 11:38 AM   #47

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwild View Post
I have direct at home and in the RV. Was upgrading to the 4K Genie at home and directtv says I cannot unless I set up 2 separate accounts. It makes zero sense to me. Anyone else come across this? Solution?
I have DTV and move my equipment from house to RV. However, I am stationary in a seasonal park . Move 2 x's a year. I can see where being mobile with DTV can be a PITA.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:32 PM   #48

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
DirecTV has a wireless option. You need am antenna and a single coax that goes to the receiver. With the Genie 2 (HS-17) the power supply for the antenna and the wireless transmitter are self-contained. Each TV needs a wireless client (C-41W) and a universal remote. No individual cables of any type needed other than the short 1 ft HDMI cable from the client to the TV. The genie 2 acts a a server giving each TV individual access to all recorded programs or any live channel. The genie can support 4 independent HD data streams simultaneously.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:41 PM   #49

Model: Outlaw
State: Florida
THOR #19638
What cell phone app do you use to tune or should I say align dish and does anyone know if 2014 Thor outlaw toy is wired for Satellite
Old 10-21-2020, 08:54 PM   #50

THOR #20220
I use the directv tv app but once I cancel I will go with youtube tv or fubo stream everything half the cost and winegard 4g is $20 month no wires. Use firestick and get everything
Old 10-21-2020, 11:38 PM   #51

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btscoop View Post
What cell phone app do you use to tune or should I say align dish and does anyone know if 2014 Thor outlaw toy is wired for Satellite
I use Satfinder from the google play store.

If your coach's dealer order form did not list a Winegard Traveler as an option, Thor MC did not pre-wire your coach. Even when my coach was built, there were no satellite options available from plant 750 on any coach. When I asked if there were wiring chases for RG-6 coax, the factory answer was it was only wired for terrestrial antenna and DVD player through a HDMI switch box. When I told them I was going to wire it for DirecTV, they suggested I use the wireless option. That turned out to be a good choice when DirecTV upgraded my system to a HS-17 receiver-server in 2018.
For alignment, I use my Satlooklite signal meter. It powers the dish without any receiver hookup for fine alignment. The HS-17 is WiFI capable and links with my ATT ZTE mobley for Internet content. The old Seiki TVs play well HS-17 genie 2.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote