Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2016, 09:53 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
LIPPERT must HATE Monday's!

you know that after a weekend of camper's that Lippert employees must hate coming into work on Monday's! Between slides AND jacks blowing up.......
So we made a "punch list" for our first back to the dealer service trip---really nothing much- mostly questions for a long trip in the fall like auto generator start settings, checking furnace to make sure heating and fix a small "whistle" in the bedroom A/C......all else has been great EXCEPT THE LIPPERT JACKS- from day one---this business of low voltage and 12.7 exact and errors and re setting- hah!! none of that has worked--have been reading RV posts from as early as 2007!! come on! Are you telling me this product is THAT faulty with no improvements??? Hope the service guys (who are really nice and attentive) can fix this cuz so far, we really do like our super C!!!!

Old 07-29-2016, 10:46 PM   #2

State: Kansas
THOR #3779
New pump motor for my 2016 Windsport

Currently waiting on mobile tech to install a replacement motor for the hydraulic pump. The motor seized. When pulled apart, showed a lot of corrosion and a cracked contact. Tech said he thought motor assembled without any lubricant. Lippert may reimburse, may not - tho under warranty. Let the fun begin!
Old 07-30-2016, 12:44 PM   #3

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
I saw the Low Voltage once and that was right after I took possession of it. I immediately called the Thor rep who explained that the house batteries were not fully charged and highly suggested leaving the RV running and/or generator running. However, once I plugged the RV in to power and let the batteries charge fully, I have never seen that before. Apparently when the dealer did the 4 battery upgrade, they did not fully charge the batteries. Now, everything seems to work fine. My only "iffy" thing I worry about is the full side slide. I am still working on that one. It seems like it gets a little off. Once thing I found there was two rollers in the rear were not rolling, but sliding. I loosened those up until they rolled. I really need to go back and check every one of them and see if that solves my issue.
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 03:32 PM   #4

Model: Windsport34F
State: California
THOR #3382
Lippert Garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowRun View Post

you know that after a weekend of camper's that Lippert employees must hate coming into work on Monday's! Between slides AND jacks blowing up.......
So we made a "punch list" for our first back to the dealer service trip---really nothing much- mostly questions for a long trip in the fall like auto generator start settings, checking furnace to make sure heating and fix a small "whistle" in the bedroom A/C......all else has been great EXCEPT THE LIPPERT JACKS- from day one---this business of low voltage and 12.7 exact and errors and re setting- hah!! none of that has worked--have been reading RV posts from as early as 2007!! come on! Are you telling me this product is THAT faulty with no improvements??? Hope the service guys (who are really nice and attentive) can fix this cuz so far, we really do like our super C!!!!
You are kidding, right?

Have you ever talked to Lippert Warranty service? If you have, you would NEVER make the mistake of thinking unhappy customers bothers them in the least!

Let me assure you, they couldn't care less about you and your problems.

To answer your question, NO, the auto levelers cannot be made to work. Mine has NEVER worked, and getting them to work has beaten every repair shop.

Lippert products are under engineered, shoddily constructed in China, and to cap it off, almost always installed incorrectly by THOR.

Good luck, that's all you have.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:35 PM   #5

THOR #3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCampingNut View Post
I saw the Low Voltage once and that was right after I took possession of it. I immediately called the Thor rep who explained that the house batteries were not fully charged and highly suggested leaving the RV running and/or generator running. However, once I plugged the RV in to power and let the batteries charge fully, I have never seen that before. Apparently when the dealer did the 4 battery upgrade, they did not fully charge the batteries. Now, everything seems to work fine. My only "iffy" thing I worry about is the full side slide. I am still working on that one. It seems like it gets a little off. Once thing I found there was two rollers in the rear were not rolling, but sliding. I loosened those up until they rolled. I really need to go back and check every one of them and see if that solves my issue.
The low voltage has nothing to do with your house batteries. The leveling system takes 100% of it power from the chassis battery.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:41 PM   #6

THOR #3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by none2quick View Post
Currently waiting on mobile tech to install a replacement motor for the hydraulic pump. The motor seized. When pulled apart, showed a lot of corrosion and a cracked contact. Tech said he thought motor assembled without any lubricant. Lippert may reimburse, may not - tho under warranty. Let the fun begin!
The motor for the system is not replaceable. The entire unit, motor, pump, and reservoir are replaced as one. If it is less than 1 year old it is under warranty. The part is $2K. It takes about an hour out, hour in. THOR should overnight the part to you, and reimburse you labor you pay a local repair company, if you can find one.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:53 PM   #7
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by winder1 View Post
The low voltage has nothing to do with your house batteries. The leveling system takes 100% of it power from the chassis battery.
Not sure about the Windsport but this statement is 100 percent wrong on the Challenger. The leveling system on the Challenger gets all of its power from the coach batteries. I can state this with certainty because my house batteries, leveling system breaker, and leveling system pump motor are all in the same storage compartment and the cables are in plain view.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:36 AM   #8

State: Kansas
THOR #3779
2016 Windsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by winder1 View Post
The motor for the system is not replaceable. The entire unit, motor, pump, and reservoir are replaced as one. If it is less than 1 year old it is under warranty. The part is $2K. It takes about an hour out, hour in. THOR should overnight the part to you, and reimburse you labor you pay a local repair company, if you can find one.
Well, that would have been nice. I did watch the tech pull the motor off and install a new one. Looks a lot like a car starter, is solenoid controlled like a car starter. Pump and reservoir untouched. Levelers work well now. I'll call Thor and see what they say.