Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2021, 08:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 ACE 27.2
State: California
THOR #22668
Dog House sound deadening

I have read many threads on sound proofing the doghouse and have bought Dynamat and am in process. I have 2 questions for those who have done this.

1. The instructions say to clean with a solvent before applying, but I have seen a few people mention that they went ahead and applied the Dynamat thinking glue on glue would be fine. If anyone did this I would like to hear if over time and exposure to heat etc. if this became a problem. Opinions welcome as well.

2. Some just used the Dynamat extreme and others topped it with Dynamat hoodliner for additional sound dampening and insulating. Thoughts on this?

I plan to cover all joints with foil tape as well and replace the weather stripping trim.

One last thing. I saw that some even got Dynamat floor mat and put that on the back of floor mats trimmed to fit and got additional temp control and sound deadening. I would love to hear from anyone who did this as well.

Old 11-10-2021, 08:36 PM   #2

Model: 2017 ACE 27.2
State: California
THOR #22668
BTW I have a 2017 Thor ACE 27.2 with Ford V-10
Old 11-10-2021, 09:38 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20808
The V-10 is noisy as you know.

Under the doghouse did both and covered all the areas completely. Used glass cleaner to remove the dirt and excess grime with a quick wipe of Acetone, then used a spray of 77 spray glue before installing. Extra insurance.

Do the area right in front of the engine which is under the dash, that also helped a lot.
Old 11-10-2021, 10:18 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #21314
Dog house deadening

I used the dynamat also and used lacquer thinner to clean up the old glue. It did deaden the sound quite abit but need to install another barrier for the heat.

Tags
doghouse, doghouse insulation, dynamat