Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2019, 07:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #11013
Dome Light

In our 2015 Vegas 24.1 The dome light above captain chairs isn’t working. The person we bought from told us it didn’t work. Said she tried replacing bulbs but still didn’t work. I don’t see a way to just replace the LEDs. It looks like they have to be soldered in. Anyway we wanted to just replace the whole unit. Where is best place to order this from. Ordered one from Amazon. Insides all look same but the case is longer and narrower than the original. So plan to send back. Our dealer is 2 hours away and anytime we have had to have parts it takes forever to get from them. Any suggestions?

Old 08-05-2019, 12:45 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djrmar6 View Post
In our 2015 Vegas 24.1 The dome light above captain chairs isn’t working. The person we bought from told us it didn’t work. Said she tried replacing bulbs but still didn’t work. I don’t see a way to just replace the LEDs. It looks like they have to be soldered in. Anyway we wanted to just replace the whole unit. Where is best place to order this from. Ordered one from Amazon. Insides all look same but the case is longer and narrower than the original. So plan to send back. Our dealer is 2 hours away and anytime we have had to have parts it takes forever to get from them. Any suggestions?
This is the authorized dealer for Thor parts. They are very helpful. I have ordered several items from them.

Total Value RV in Elkhart,
1-866-282-4460.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:04 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djrmar6 View Post
This may completely wrong, but I have some lights in my hurricane that I couldn't get to work. I found a switch on the dash that controlled the ights when the switch on the lights was pressed on.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #4

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
As one of the posts already mentioned, on our 2016 Axis the true "dome" light was a small LED light on the right upper part of the dash. The round white LED lights that are mounted in the drop down bunk were not "dome" lights and were controlled with a switch on the dash.