Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 10:16 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Trouble-free 18 year-oid RVs are bout as common as trouble-free 18 year-old kids...
Ha well said.
Seriously I budget 1-2k a year for repairs and maintenance. It’s just going to happen. Do the same thing for my house.

Old 05-06-2022, 11:28 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
F-4C, F-4D, F-4E, F-4G, RF-4C, a couple of transient Navy models and a few Israeli pigs on the way to the desert. That jet was a beast but it taught me how to work.
Great... now I have a go to translator for the Duck. I still don't know what he was saying, but I at least have it in context now. Thanks

FWIW, I was in OCS (Newport RI), never accepted my commission, had a dispute over my designation and as you likely know it was next to impossible to get it changed short a Senator or President. Back then I was a SOB, nothing like the SOB I am today
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 05-07-2022, 01:30 AM   #23

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
But did you ever use that hand crank short finder?

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
Old 05-07-2022, 04:42 AM   #24

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Somebody already said ALL rv' s are going to require maintenance & repairs.

On our 2006 Gulfstream: Replaced ATS switch. 6 new tires. 2 sets of house batteries. 1 new chassis battery. Replaced roof top A/C start capacitor. New set of entry steps & motor. Generator breaker replaced. Replaced all interior lighting with LEDs. Replaced dead dash radio & added 4 new speakers. Replaced the tube TV. Needed a remanned transmission (1,300 miles from home.)
Add annual oil changes on the 6L chassis and the Generac genny. Several tubes of Dicor for roof maintenance. I'm sure there are things I missed like broken drawer latches ect. I kept a maintenance with costs log but we left with the RV when we traded it in.
Traded it in after 13 years. Point? Other than the trans I figure our repairs and maintenance were about average.
To the OP we got through I'd say the first 5 seasons without major issues. Then as the coach got older more "stuff" needed attention.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
Old 05-07-2022, 03:05 PM   #25

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
I've had 15 year old coaches and brand new coaches. One thing in common with both is they require a lot of maintenance. When I worked on F-4s back in the day I learned that the more we flew them, the less they broke. Machines are made to operate, not just sit around.
My 30 year tech agrees. Use your rv often.not sitting around run engine generator..it helps keep it ALIVE
Old 05-07-2022, 03:08 PM   #26

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Can I infomercial this post and say that is why I run my Onan Generator for any legit opportunity I can find, and I don't think of it as exercise it. What is so hard about 2 hrs every day when on the road traveling to ensure batteries are fully topped off.
I second this..Kurt our tech said the same
Old 05-07-2022, 03:14 PM   #27

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
My 30 year tech agrees. Use your rv often.not sitting around run engine generator..it helps keep it ALIVE
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 05-08-2022, 01:27 AM   #28
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandynSuesTravelinTime View Post
So what.
So age, wear and tear, all add to the likelihood of a component failure and need of maintenance/repair.

Do you think an 18 year old car will be as reliable as a new car?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Old 05-08-2022, 02:07 AM   #29

Model: Four Winds
State: California
THOR #24260
Huh,
That explains why the wife is looking at younger guys….
I’m an old age rv.
Oh well, at least I got new tires….
Terry
Semper Fi
Old 05-08-2022, 03:56 AM   #30

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
I've had 15 year old coaches and brand new coaches. One thing in common with both is they require a lot of maintenance. When I worked on F-4s back in the day I learned that the more we flew them, the less they broke. Machines are made to operate, not just sit around.
Back in the Nam days? Thanks brother...
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
Old 05-08-2022, 07:47 PM   #31

State: Minnesota
THOR #26244
And the lady I bought it from sold it to me after her husband died 2 years earlier. That is alot of the problem I believe. Thanks thou.
Old 05-08-2022, 07:48 PM   #32

THOR #26244
Ha, I love it.
Old 05-08-2022, 08:08 PM   #33

THOR #26244
Leaving this forum

I've been told by an Administrator or Moderator Site team member 16ACE27, of this site to STOP posting the same issue in different ways or threads. They, He, She - 16ACE27 made a comment to me "Do you think an 18 year old car is going to be as reliable as new one"? Ahh WHAT. I thought this site was for helping!! Now it's like your talking about it to much and are sick of it. Didn't know I was actually not suppose to be talking to people who were actually as confused as I was on this issue and genuinly trying to help. I was told many times please let us know what you find out! BUT apparently even it was more then one post you can get kicked off. I was told if I do it anymore I am going to be suspended. HEY16ACE27 didn't really know I was and if I did it was my Learning Disability doing that. I tend to jump around on things and not realize I was doing it. I guess having a disability doesn't matter when this kind of stuff happens. NOBODY was intending to do what the administration is stating. I really had not intended that at all. I really did enjoy this site, But all of a sudden I get this very BOLD statement saying STOP posting the same thing or you are going to be suspended. Wow. somebody is being way to aggressive in how they are managing this site. There was a post by a guy earlier who didn't show or tell me they were admin and he was pretty much a jerk about it he said it's 18 years old, if you don't like working on then sell it and go get hotel rooms. Wow!! So. Doesn't matter what I say. In this world I could contact the ADA and let them know (and I just might) but what does it really matter. This world is full of people with major attitudes. I have been more then friendly on this site and feel after that comment by the admins of STOP or you will be suspended should of come over as, hey we noticed that there are multiple posts on the same subject please check that out and merge them. Or they could of just merged them for me. But it seems obvious that I am not following the rules. I was told "read the forum rules!" So anyways without much more ranting. I will move on. THANKS, THANKS, THANKS again for all the help I was receiving from all who were wanting to help. 16ACE27 You could use some training in how to talk to people!!!
Old 05-08-2022, 09:23 PM   #34
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
I've been told by an Administrator or Moderator Site team member 16ACE27, of this site to STOP posting the same issue in different ways or threads. They, He, She - 16ACE27 made a comment to me "Do you think an 18 year old car is going to be as reliable as new one"? Ahh WHAT. I thought this site was for helping!! Now it's like your talking about it to much and are sick of it. Didn't know I was actually not suppose to be talking to people who were actually as confused as I was on this issue and genuinly trying to help. I was told many times please let us know what you find out! BUT apparently even it was more then one post you can get kicked off. I was told if I do it anymore I am going to be suspended. HEY16ACE27 didn't really know I was and if I did it was my Learning Disability doing that. I tend to jump around on things and not realize I was doing it. I guess having a disability doesn't matter when this kind of stuff happens. NOBODY was intending to do what the administration is stating. I really had not intended that at all. I really did enjoy this site, But all of a sudden I get this very BOLD statement saying STOP posting the same thing or you are going to be suspended. Wow. somebody is being way to aggressive in how they are managing this site. There was a post by a guy earlier who didn't show or tell me they were admin and he was pretty much a jerk about it he said it's 18 years old, if you don't like working on then sell it and go get hotel rooms. Wow!! So. Doesn't matter what I say. In this world I could contact the ADA and let them know (and I just might) but what does it really matter. This world is full of people with major attitudes. I have been more then friendly on this site and feel after that comment by the admins of STOP or you will be suspended should of come over as, hey we noticed that there are multiple posts on the same subject please check that out and merge them. Or they could of just merged them for me. But it seems obvious that I am not following the rules. I was told "read the forum rules!" So anyways without much more ranting. I will move on. THANKS, THANKS, THANKS again for all the help I was receiving from all who were wanting to help. 16ACE27 You could use some training in how to talk to people!!!
First of all - I never said anything to you about posting the same topic in different threads - that was another Site Team member responding to a complaint/report that your were posting the same post in multiple thread. I am sure he referred you to the "Thor Forums Community Rules", specifically the one that says "Do not post the same discussion topic more than once or in several areas of the forum." Sorry you can't handle some constructive information to keep you on track.

Second - when you create a post of "So what" in response to several members pointing out you had a older coach that would be prone to more issues - you obviously did not understand what age had to do with it (or just decided to take offense at it), so I tried to explain why an 18 year old coach is relevant to your frustration level and provided an everyday example or something you may be more familiar with - cars. Sorry you didn't understand the reference. Another Site Team member took your "So what" post as antagonistic and baiting and deleted it to prevent you from getting flamed.

When you say you are "Done with this XXX" and other members advise you to sell it to ease your frustration, why are you surprised? You said you were done with it.

Good luck to you and your future endeavors; be they continuing with another RV or maybe going the boat route or whatever makes YOU happy. Obviously your communications on this forum did not meet your expectations to make you happier with your current RV.
Old 05-08-2022, 10:07 PM   #35

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Well, I don't know what to say, I'm guilty of not researching far enough sometimes asking about certain situation or problem with, or about, my RV. But I do try to help others on topics I feel I know enough about.

Once I believe I was talking about how the LCI Lippert leveling hydraulics work, from working on my own rig and what it has, the one commentor exclaimed his operated differently. There I go, thinking they are all the same.

Once I started a poor Thor quality thread not realizing how many others there were and 1 was just closed to future comments. My bad.

I have never had admin send me a message advising me to whatever. I do know that when these types of confrontations happen to me, it just backs me off, and makes me less caring to help someone.

After reading these latest comments, I went to looking, and do not see the link, so I'll ask, and I'm not being facetious: Where does one find the "Thor Forums Community Rules"?
Old 05-08-2022, 10:45 PM   #36
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
FWIW: it might have been my answer to his other Thread; that is an issue...
We wish you well.
Old 05-08-2022, 11:00 PM   #37
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scDust View Post
Well, I don't know what to say, I'm guilty of not researching far enough sometimes asking about certain situation or problem with, or about, my RV. But I do try to help others on topics I feel I know enough about.

Once I believe I was talking about how the LCI Lippert leveling hydraulics work, from working on my own rig and what it has, the one commentor exclaimed his operated differently. There I go, thinking they are all the same.

Once I started a poor Thor quality thread not realizing how many others there were and 1 was just closed to future comments. My bad.

I have never had admin send me a message advising me to whatever. I do know that when these types of confrontations happen to me, it just backs me off, and makes me less caring to help someone.

After reading these latest comments, I went to looking, and do not see the link, so I'll ask, and I'm not being facetious: Where does one find the "Thor Forums Community Rules"?
At the bottom of every page in the brown area labeled Name:  Community Rules.png
Views: 150
Size:  1.6 KB
Old 05-08-2022, 11:26 PM   #38

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
FWIW: it might have been my answer to his other Thread; that is an issue...
We wish you well.
How can it be you? With respect to this thread that the OP started; he has made 5 noteworthy / relevant statements.

1. OP Creates thread: Done, Finished with this POS!
2. OP says I've had it!
3. OP say I give up!
4. OP says So what later deleted
5. OP says I will move on

What is the discussion even for or about? The responses to sell given his stated disposition and woes is still the best. Not sure the OP ever asked for any help? The decision to move on is the OP's right and choice. No need to drag anyone else in the mud on this topic.

I wish the OP the best on what he decides.
Old 05-08-2022, 11:43 PM   #39

THOR #20220
Quote:
And the lady I bought it from sold it to me after her husband died 2 years earlier. That is alot of the problem I believe. Thanks thou.
The main reason stats show men DIE before women and why couples need to discount forget ALL ALL the little stuff and hug kiss daily!
Old 05-08-2022, 11:50 PM   #40

THOR #20220
Quote:

My wife and I are tearing over your post and have seen others treated this way
Life is short for all of us.
My mother died last week at age 85 and said many times people that comment on little things are basically unhappy selfish have no fun and maybe evil...

We are a highly successful interracial couple and have thought of canceling !

We personally received many private messages to stay for we were told we are LOVED AS A COUPLE