Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2015, 11:12 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Drawer Lock

Lock on the bottom drawer under the sink has bitten the schnitzel. Any suggestions on how to change the lock and how to get the drawer out?

2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:23 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Just had this happen on one of our drawers (bottom big one under stove). I don't remember if the small ones have rails or not.
If it does have rails: open the drawer until it stops; look at the rails on either side you'll see a small black plastic piece in there. You lift one of the plastic pieces and push the other side down to remove the drawer.

Camping World sells replacement latches. I just took ours off and took it with me to our local CW.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:52 PM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: California
THOR #7103
This post was helpful to us. The drawer under the stove would always open when we turned a corner and one of those things that by rights should have been fixed as a ‘warranty’ item. But since Camping World had the part and we could fix it while we were on the road, we did. I didn’t know exactly what we were looking for until we took everything out of the drawer so we could flip it over and see the latch. They had the strike for the push latches, a medium duty push latch, and a heavy duty push latch. The push latches were the same size so we went with the heavy duty one (Catalog Item # 49551). Works just like all the other drawers now so I guess we guessed right. No more bungees to hold the drawer closed. It’s the little things.