Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-29-2016, 12:30 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 35SK Super C
State: Missouri
THOR #711
Driveline angles

I have a 2014 Thor Four Winds Super C with the F-550 chassis. It has a 255 inch stretched wheelbase presumably done by Moride in Indiana, and19.5 inch wheels. I need to check the driveline angles from front to back. Does anyone know what the angles SHOULD be with the 255 inch wheelbase? I will call Moride in the morning to see if they can help but I thought I'd try here first. The problem (?) is, when in a pull, I can hear what seems to be a carrier bearing or a u-joint growl. This might be normal, but it does bother me. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:13 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 33SW Super C
State: Virginia
THOR #3122
Drive Line Angles

I just had my 2015 Thor Chateau Super C (2014 Ford F-550 chassis) back to Thor for some repairs. First and most important on my list was the driveline noise and vibration. Thor had contacted Mor-Ryde and they were expecting me. My contact at Mor-Ryde was Jessica Arseneau. They took my coach and re-worked some angles and replaced some parts. The difference is quite noticable for the good; their work made a huge difference. I highly recommend getting your coach there for inspection and repairs. FYI: before taking delivery, the dealer had taken my coach to a large truck Ford dealership in NC for the drive line work. That made an improvement but still not satisfactory so out to Indiana we went. So glad we made the trip. Also, the repairs needed at Thor were handled to our satisfaction also. The people we interacted with were great. Good luck with your coach
Old 06-29-2016, 09:33 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 35SK Super C
State: Missouri
THOR #711
Hi Baiting
Thanks for that info. Mor-Ryde has not returned my call so far. If it is recommended by them, I would drive to Elkhart for the angles to be checked and adjusted if necessary.