Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2015, 07:33 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1214
Driver arm rest broken on Thor Ace

So no one will admit to breaking it but it is in a down position and will not come up anymore. For example, the front of the armrest is facing down at 80degrees and if you try to pull it up horizontally, it won't get past 65 degrees or so (assume 45 degrees is the proper position when it is down and operating properly). Any ideas? Is there a locking mechanism I am missing? I'm trying to pull it up as hard as I can and it just won't budge. I don't want to break it.

Thanks.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Utah
THOR #2562
Pull out on it while spinning it back and forth. There's a slot it will line up with and come off. Don't pull to hard. You just want to unhook it then rotate it to 90 degrees of where it unhooked then push back on. You don't want to pull the rod out threw the leather. Mine comes out and gets spun the wrong way all the time some how