Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2015, 05:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1952
Driver and Passenger Fans

2014 Thor Windsport 32A. There are two small rotary fans mounted above the dash. One on the driver side and one on the passenger side. The switches are on the center dash panel, I think those switches are for those fans. They are labeled Driver Fan and Passenger Fan. Each has 3 positions. I am thinking those positions are off, low, high. I have yet to get either one to work. I just bought this RV (very first RV). Me and my wife are using it to learn RVing and will buy a larger one for retirement in about 8 years. I have looked in the owners manual to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jim and KC
Ocala, FL

Old 05-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiaim2001 View Post
2014 Thor Windsport 32A. There are two small rotary fans mounted above the dash. One on the driver side and one on the passenger side. The switches are on the center dash panel, I think those switches are for those fans. They are labeled Driver Fan and Passenger Fan. Each has 3 positions. I am thinking those positions are off, low, high. I have yet to get either one to work. I just bought this RV (very first RV). Me and my wife are using it to learn RVing and will buy a larger one for retirement in about 8 years. I have looked in the owners manual to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jim and KC
Ocala, FL
I have those fans in my Challenger. Although they are used for other purposes the primary purpose is to assist in window defogging.

Did you turn the ignition switch on when trying to run the fans?

My fans do not run unless the ignition switch is in the "on' position, generally when the coach is running.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:33 PM   #3

THOR #1952
Yes, had switch on and the with engine running.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:59 PM   #4

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
I'm only brainstorming.... don't have the fans...
could it be that there is a switch on the fan itself that is in the off position, so even when the dash switches are on it's still off? (sort of like the pull chain of a ceiling fan being off even when the wall switch that powers it is on)

otherwise fuse?
Old 05-06-2015, 07:50 PM   #5

THOR #1952
No switches of any sort on either fan. Fuse was the next thing I will check. I think it is under the driver side dash in the kick panel or above the kick panel.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:51 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I walked out to my coach and checked.

Ignition switch must be in the on or acc position for the fans to work.

I only have one 3 position switch which operates both fans. Switch up - high speed, Switch middle - fans off, switch down - low speed.

The fans themselves do not have a separate switch on them.

One thing I did not check is whether or not the fans will operate if the front power shade is lowered. When I checked my fans the shade was raised.

You may want to stat checking for a blown fuse.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:53 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
As mentioned, those fans are primarily setup from the factory for defogging the windshield, and they only work with the ignition on.

I'm sure you checked the fuse panel already. And, the fans themselves might have switches on them.

I'd call your Thor concierge and ask for a wiring diagram for your floorplan to be emailed to you. Also, ask exactly how the fans are wired. A simple wire nut may have fallen off somewhere, (that's where other manufacturer's brag about their soldered connections).
Old 05-08-2015, 04:38 PM   #8

THOR #1952
Thanks to everyone who sent in suggestions. After exhausting all the great replies, I checked everything, I thought...oh and the fuse is good. I tried to turn the driver side fan blade by hand, with a screw driver and it is froze up!! The passenger side is free. Since we just bought this RV and the guy who did the walk around with us couldn't get them to come on either, hopefully the dealer will fix it without charging us. We will know that answer today! If they do charge us, I have located two new fans for a reasonable price and I will order those and install them myself. I will keep everyone posted on this issue.

Jim & KC