Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2019, 02:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #7468
Drop bed gear replacement

2nd night into a 14 night trip and the teeth on the gears to lower/raise the drop bed broke off rendering the bed unusable for my son Was able to get it back up and locked in place with some muscle power. But now the question of attempting to fix it myself or take it in.

Does anyone have any experience with how difficult that system is? (Vegas 24.1)

Old 08-10-2019, 07:25 PM   #2

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
No recommendation or advice, but I really sympathize with you. We recently got back from a 30 day trip to hit all the bucket list places in the mid and upper midwest.

Despite having worked fine for the past year+ since we got the MH, on the first night, we discovered the bunk wouldn't go down and the box indicated a short, so my son had to sleep on the couch.

The following morning, I wound up taking apart a good chunk of the bunk to access the motors and swap them to confirm the problem didn't move, I dug more and found the installers had crushed the passenger side motor control wire when screwing in the bunk sides. It worked fine for the duration of our trip, once I made a little more room for the wire.