Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane
State: California
THOR #6038
Drop Down Bed 2016 Thor Hurricane

At camp site: lowered levelers, slid out slide, both with the remote but watched carefully inside and out. When I went back inside, the overhead bed had fallen on one side only, at least 8-10"! Pins were not in due to alignment problem they needed to fix. I actuallly contacted THOR and they emailed me some instructions that didn't work. Told me to put the bed down all the way and then back up again until it straightened out. Problem was bed started scraping on the other wall so bad it just got worse. Called dealership and luckily their service dept was open and he walked me through it. Was good to know exactly what to do and he let me know if the slide out ever came off track, the same process should be used.

More or less put it up to the top and hold the switch at least 10-15 seconds after the "motor" stops. Sounds like it will go through the roof but it won't. Then lower about 1" and raise it agaun doing the same thing. I did this 3 or 4 times and it leveled and worked perfectly the entire trip. I made sure pins were in during drive home.

Old 05-14-2017, 06:15 PM   #2

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
That's the same process to use to keep the slide motors in sync. Whenever I run the slide in our out, I keep that button depressed for at least 5 seconds. You can hear the motors shut down even with the button depressed, after that five to ten seconds.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:54 AM   #3

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Wyoming
THOR #7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amespa View Post
At camp site: lowered levelers, slid out slide, both with the remote but watched carefully inside and out. When I went back inside, the overhead bed had fallen on one side only, at least 8-10"! Pins were not in due to alignment problem they needed to fix. I actuallly contacted THOR and they emailed me some instructions that didn't work. Told me to put the bed down all the way and then back up again until it straightened out. Problem was bed started scraping on the other wall so bad it just got worse. Called dealership and luckily their service dept was open and he walked me through it. Was good to know exactly what to do and he let me know if the slide out ever came off track, the same process should be used.

More or less put it up to the top and hold the switch at least 10-15 seconds after the "motor" stops. Sounds like it will go through the roof but it won't. Then lower about 1" and raise it agaun doing the same thing. I did this 3 or 4 times and it leveled and worked perfectly the entire trip. I made sure pins were in during drive home.

When you call Thor what number do you call?
Old 06-01-2017, 05:49 AM   #4

Model: Hurricane
THOR #6038
(877) 855-2867 Hope that works for you. I also have other numbers
Old 06-01-2017, 01:47 PM   #5

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Wyoming
THOR #7482
Quote:
(877) 855-2867 Hope that works for you. I also have other numbers
Old 05-16-2019, 08:58 PM   #6

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Had a pin drop out and thanks to I 95 in SC, the bed dropped on one side. Ran it down with fingers crossed, leveled off and ran back up....stuck in the pins, taped them so they don't drop again and that's the last time I touch that thing. Note.......inside a compartment door (mine is over the driver's seat) you will find a "slide controller" which is for the bed and looks like th eone for the main slide which is in an outside compartment. Make sure you don't have an error blinking. It's in that compartment and you don't always look but check it. If you have a blinking error message, you can reset it by tapping the bed up/down switch once quickly then once again. Lights go out and you're good. The Thor "manual" actually does a good job explaining the error codes.

Quote: