Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-22-2021, 12:52 AM   #1
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 6,223
THOR #1469
Dry camping with the broke trucks

Started our return to SC after 37 days and over 3300 miles.

Everything was fine until I stopped at Loves to fill up. After filling up I went through a Blue Beacon. After exiting Blue Beacon all hell broke loose. All of a sudden I get a low def light, check engine light and Malfunction Indicator Light all solid amber. Message center said there was one fault and then said shutdown in progress. I pulled into a truck parking spot and called Freightliner.

The Freightliner rep, Derek was clueless and directed me to I State truck in Sioux Falls, SD. Thankfully we made it there without shutdown and we are number 6 in line for service.

Scan Gauge codes are:

2573 01
3521 15
3364 10
3363 0
F385 00

We are now dry camping amongst the broke and wrecked Freightliners waiting our turn for the shop.

__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:07 AM   #2
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 7,158
THOR #7035
Maybe it will dry out and fix itself before your turn comes up. Good luck!
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:29 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31D
State: Virginia
Posts: 137
THOR #5638
Reads like a connector has water in it and shorted.
__________________
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:02 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 21,488
THOR #8860
Danm...
Good luck! I hope it turns out to be something really simple, and easy to fix.
__________________
"What: me worry?"
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:19 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
Posts: 1,721
THOR #6903
Any visible water in the DEF compartment?

Sure sounds like water in a plug connector
__________________
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:26 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 2,535
THOR #12751
Bummer Dave..... I hope they get to you quickly and get you back on the road fast.

As we say.... it's always something!

Keep us posted.....
__________________
Judge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:38 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24SS
State: California
Posts: 1,600
THOR #12698
Good luck with the repairs and hopefully it is something simple and quick.


Paul
__________________
paulwadley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 02:14 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Bob Nodine's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
Posts: 162
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Started our return to SC after 37 days and over 3300 miles.

Everything was fine until I stopped at Loves to fill up. After filling up I went through a Blue Beacon. After exiting Blue Beacon all hell broke loose. All of a sudden I get a low def light, check engine light and Malfunction Indicator Light all solid amber. Message center said there was one fault and then said shutdown in progress. I pulled into a truck parking spot and called Freightliner.

The Freightliner rep, Derek was clueless and directed me to I State truck in Sioux Falls, SD. Thankfully we made it there without shutdown and we are number 6 in line for service.

Scan Gauge codes are:

2573 01
3521 15
3364 10
3363 0
F385 00

We are now dry camping amongst the broke and wrecked Freightliners waiting our turn for the shop.
I would look for a connector near the DEF tank and see if it needs to be dried out.
__________________
Bob
2022 Quantum JM31, 2020 Chevy Sonic
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 03:07 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
OldWEB's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FW Hurricane
State: England
Posts: 693
THOR #16471
That is a bummer for sure....
That many codes and after getting wet, find the ECM and see if it got wet and as suggested, find all DEF connectors.
An air hose will help, being careful on the electronic components.
Good Luck!


EDIT: Many online code searches brought up nothing. :-/
__________________
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 03:22 PM   #10
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 21,488
THOR #8860
A thought occurred to me:
If he's sitting among a bunch of broken and wrecked Freightliners: this might be the time to do a bit of scavenging...
__________________
"What: me worry?"
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 04:21 PM   #11
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 6,223
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
A thought occurred to me:
If he's sitting among a bunch of broken and wrecked Freightliners: this might be the time to do a bit of scavenging...
Wouldn’t dream of it.
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 05:00 PM   #12
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 21,488
THOR #8860
I didn't think so...
__________________
"What: me worry?"
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 05:36 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 5,261
THOR #2121
Could problem not also be related to filling up instead of water? Granted it’s not as likely, but who knows as complicated as trucks have become. Important thing is you have trained mechanics looking at it.

Wish you luck, and glad you made it to shop.
__________________
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 05:56 PM   #14
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 6,223
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Could problem not also be related to filling up instead of water? Granted it’s not as likely, but who knows as complicated as trucks have become. Important thing is you have trained mechanics looking at it.

Wish you luck, and glad you made it to shop.
DEF line heater circuit voltage is not normal so they are checking the circuit. We’ll see what they find. Water from washing had no bearing on the problem.
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:30 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
OldWEB's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FW Hurricane
State: England
Posts: 693
THOR #16471
Just curious if you had filled the DEF tank while at Loves? I read online that ANY petroleum product is detrimental to the DEF system...
__________________
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:52 PM   #16
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 6,223
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
Just curious if you had filled the DEF tank while at Loves? I read online that ANY petroleum product is detrimental to the DEF system...
I put in 2.5 gallons of Blue Def from a jug and not from Bulk. This was after fueling.

BTW my DEF and Fuel tanks are nowhere close together so getting petroleum in the DEF tank would have to be a deliberate act.

This is a DEF system malfunction and not bad or contaminated DEF.

They read one active and three inactive codes so this is all over the place.
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:18 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
Posts: 1,721
THOR #6903
Don't know if any are following the DEF head fiasco but it has really turned into a nightmare for many

Different deal but still DEF related
__________________
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:30 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
OldWEB's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FW Hurricane
State: England
Posts: 693
THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Don't know if any are following the DEF head fiasco but it has really turned into a nightmare for many

Different deal but still DEF related
I see what you mean....
Good luck all!
__________________
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:06 PM   #19
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 6,223
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Don't know if any are following the DEF head fiasco but it has really turned into a nightmare for many

Different deal but still DEF related
I believe my issues are related to the DEF head and DEF sensor fiasco. We will have to find out what the techs determine before knowing for sure.
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:41 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 2,535
THOR #12751
Bummer...... lots of people complaining about the DEF head issues. There is a thead over at IRV2 asking how many people are cancelling trips for fear of it happening.

Hope they get it figured out a fixed for you soon.
__________________
Judge is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2