Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2020, 03:47 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #21089
Please help. Can not find fuse/relay for reverse lamp /f53 v10 2020

I have 2020 Thor Outlaw F53 v10.
We want to install third party back up camera. Me and my audio installer took whole day and could not find the wire for reverse lamp / back up triggers. So we also look into fuse boxes but lost. Call Thor and they said:
1) Since 2020 they do not have black wiring reverse trigger anymore. So what they did is they use canbus to trigger left/right/reverse camera. So all 3 cameras always on when ignition on, and monitor switch is depending on canbus from engine. I guess to save wiring material.
2) So we found left/right triggers but not reverse.
3) Our alternative is look into fuse box. But found around forum the fuse schematic for F53 is different then 2020 F53. I dont know why.

I took some photos and see if anyone out there knowledge and know where is the fuse for reverse lamp that we can tap into for trigger.
We found some fuses box at driver side.
We look into old schematic, but our doesnt have fuse for reverse lamp?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CF59ED59-E384-41E2-B8C8-7B78296CEB8C.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	27757   Click image for larger version

Name:	069A35E0-5918-4F0C-BCCE-4F17B29B73D6.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	27758  

Old 12-22-2020, 02:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Did you look under the hood? In front of/below air box.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 02:30 PM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I’d look for it at the radio. Ford may use fancy canbus wiring but Axerra certainly doesn’t. There has to be a signal wire that tells your radio to switch on the camera view. Should be printed on the radio chassis or readily available online.
Old 12-22-2020, 11:30 PM   #4

THOR #21089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I’d look for it at the radio. Ford may use fancy canbus wiring but Axerra certainly doesn’t. There has to be a signal wire that tells your radio to switch on the camera view. Should be printed on the radio chassis or readily available online.
Yup I thought that as well, but apparently they do use canbus, and there is a canbus relay axxera as well. If i would disconnect the can tx/rx going into the axxera, none of trigger would work. And the axxera skipped all the triggers wiring. They do this to save wiring as well easy to troubleshoot i guess.
Ford engine has can low/high whixh going into an axxera relay canbus then signal left/right going into there as well but no reverse, and coming out the relay is can tx/RX port of axxera, that is how they wiring moving forward for newer model i think.

I found a relay number 5 in aux box under power distribution box engine compartment. It controlled the back light reverse, i might tap into it. I still could not find a fuse for the reverse though.
Old 12-23-2020, 04:53 AM   #5

Model: Damon Daybreak
State: New Mexico
THOR #19133
Why not go to the transmission gear indicator connector? You've got to have a reverse signal wire there.