Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-05-2016, 01:59 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #2871
Yes, that's the soundbar's subwoofer. It plugs into a receptacle and has a cable to the soundbar's subwoofer port.

2015 Ford Focus
rbmartiniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #22
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Robert,

Thanks, now I am on a mission, the case of the missing sub-woofer. The electrical diagrams for my coach shows a revision where the removed the electrical outlet for the sub-woofer from under the coach. When I swapped out televisions this past weekend there was no cable connected to the sub-woofer port on the sound bar. Since the Vizio sound bar comes with a sub woofer I have been wondering where it is hidden or whether Thor removed them from the ND.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:35 PM   #23

THOR #2871
Sic 'em!
2015 Ford Focus
Old 05-05-2016, 05:09 PM   #24
Site Team

THOR #1469
I sent Ron Baker an email this morning asking him if on my 37ND a sub-woofer was installed and if so where it is located. When I first got my coach the AV system was all hosed up as far as cable connections was concerned. They had the TVs going to the inputs on the HDMI switch and the DVD player running to an output. I never thought about looking for a sound bar sub-woofer until recently.

I hate to pull the vent to look behind the fireplace because the dealer just fixed that vent and remounted it as part of the warranty work. If Thor responds that that is the area where the sub-woofer is located then I'll pull the vent and start looking around.
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-05-2016, 06:03 PM   #25

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #1670
If the HDMI cable from the DVD player is hooked to the TV, sound should be coming thru your TV, If your sound bar is hooked up to the DVD player thru a separate cable you need to turn off the sound on your hdmi cable. there should be an option on your DVD player menu.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:41 PM   #26

THOR #2871
Thanks, I'll check when I get it put back together.
2015 Ford Focus
Old 05-05-2016, 09:08 PM   #27
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmartiniv View Post
Sic 'em!
Here is the response I received from Ron Baker

"Hi David

I checked the record on your coach and I do not see that it came with a subwoofer. I will do some double checks but I do not see ne in the system for it.

Thanks and have a great day"

My response back was that I find it interesting that the other Challenger floor plans with the Vizio sound bar include a subwoofer but the 37ND does not.
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-06-2016, 12:17 AM   #28

THOR #2871
Funny that some do and some don't.
2015 Ford Focus
Old 05-06-2016, 12:29 AM   #29

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
I also looked around and see nothing from a subwoofer....
Old 05-21-2016, 04:33 PM   #30
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmartiniv View Post
I managed to remove the TV and bracket from the wall. Had to first remove the bottom to the cabinet above the TV and take the fireplace out from under the TV, then I could remove the soundbar. The headphone jack wasn't pushed in all the way on the TV. There was also some suspicious electrical tape around the RCA plug on the soundbar end. I unwrapped it and found they had taped on "elbow" connector (not even needed) and it wasn't a good connection. I've got an adjustable wall bracket, DVD player, and HDMI Matrix switch ordered. I'll put it all back together next week. Here's what it looks like now.
Robert,

Any status update on your efforts? Inquiring minds would like to know.
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-21-2016, 05:22 PM   #31

THOR #2871
I haven't gotten my coach back from the shop. Waiting for the new outside door around the furnace exhaust to be painted. The original door was made with the louvers protruding into the wall rather than out from it. It channeled rainwater right into the opening and shorted out a circuit board. Apparently, Atwwood told them that louvers weren't necessary and Thor has redesigned the door so that it has no louvers. Thor is replacing it (at no charge of course). Thor indicated it might be a recall. I don't know if it is only Challenger, what model, year, etc. Mine in 2016 37KT. Might want to check the louvers on your furnace exhaust door. I'll have it back around the end of next week and get the TV, soundbar, DVD, and HDMI switch reinstalled.
2015 Ford Focus
Old 05-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #32
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang94@hot.rr.com View Post
I also looked around and see nothing from a subwoofer....
Don,

Even though I was told by Thor there is no record of a subwoofer being installed on my coach and the electrical diagram shows the removal of the plug behind the coach, guess what I found last night: the subwoofer.

Last night was a comedy of errors, and horror, when one of the cats fell behind the couch and then crawled under to hide. I had to open the couch and then begin tearing off the black fabric covering the bottom void to find where the cat was hiding. When I tore off the fabric from the left rear corner I found the sub woofer. I noticed the sub woofer appears to be plugged into a 110 outlet and there is a cable with RCA plug laying on the floor. I remember when I swapped out televisions there was n't a cable plugged into the sub woofer out jack on the sound bar.

Oh, after a few minutes of effort trying to corral the cat Kathy finally worked her free and she is now trying to find new hiding spots after we stuffed the void behind the couch with the cheap pillows Thor had on the bed.

RV'ing is an adventure with a new discovery behind every, or under every couch.

The saga last night now adds to my to do list for trip's end.
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-29-2016, 02:51 PM   #33

THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Don,

Even though I was told by Thor there is no record of a subwoofer being installed on my coach and the electrical diagram shows the removal of the plug behind the coach, guess what I found last night: the subwoofer.

Last night was a comedy of errors, and horror, when one of the cats fell behind the couch and then crawled under to hide. I had to open the couch and then begin tearing off the black fabric covering the bottom void to find where the cat was hiding. When I tore off the fabric from the left rear corner I found the sub woofer. I noticed the sub woofer appears to be plugged into a 110 outlet and there is a cable with RCA plug laying on the floor. I remember when I swapped out televisions there was n't a cable plugged into the sub woofer out jack on the sound bar.

Oh, after a few minutes of effort trying to corral the cat Kathy finally worked her free and she is now trying to find new hiding spots after we stuffed the void behind the couch with the cheap pillows Thor had on the bed.

RV'ing is an adventure with a new discovery behind every, or under every couch.

The saga last night now adds to my to do list for trip's end.
OK wait a minute.... you mean you found the subwoofer that wasn't there in the back bottom side of your couch? Can I borrow your cat? LOL... So I guess the next question is did you get it working?
Old 05-29-2016, 03:11 PM   #34

THOR #3789
Well just looked all over, under and on the sides even lifted up a flap on the back side where I found a nice cleaning rag left over from Thor. But no woofer....
Old 05-29-2016, 07:22 PM   #35
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
OK wait a minute.... you mean you found the subwoofer that wasn't there in the back bottom side of your couch? Can I borrow your cat? LOL... So I guess the next question is did you get it working?
With the cats on the loose I wanted to get things buttoned back up. When this trip is in the books and we get back home I'll pull the couch back out and look at the sub woofer and what needs to be done to get it operational. I may try relocating it to another area.
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #36
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Well just looked all over, under and on the sides even lifted up a flap on the back side where I found a nice cleaning rag left over from Thor. But no woofer....
I had (operative word) flaps on both sides of the couch and when I pulled up both sides I saw neither the cat nor the sub-woofer. I wasdn't until I started tearing off that cheap black burlap type material from the other areas that I found both (sub-woofer first and then the cat).

Did you see an electrical outlet back there with anything plugged into it?

In the attached you can see the 110VAC outlet and on the lower part of the picture the you can see the white RCA cable connected to the sub woofer. The RCA cable runs into a harness. I will have to remove my television to see if there is an RCA in there. Until last night that cable was not visible and is now because of me moving the sub woofer around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	2125

FMCA - F432054
Old 05-30-2016, 03:45 AM   #37

THOR #3789
Nice but I see nothing like that in ours.... Might have to go out and just get me one....
Old 05-30-2016, 01:52 PM   #38
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Nice but I see nothing like that in ours.... Might have to go out and just get me one....
Wanna borrow the cat?

One of these days you will pull out some drawer or remove some access panel in the most unlikely locate and find a sub-woofer in hiding.

The interesting thing is Vizio does not sell the sound bar without the sub-woofer, so if Thor is not installing them what are they doing with the extras. Are they becoming parts inventory for warranty claims?
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-30-2016, 01:58 PM   #39

THOR #2871
At least your soundbar works. Mine doesn't work anymore so have only TV sound. I have to take the TV off the wall to check any connections so I bought a new wall mount to make taking it off easy. Still can't figure out the soundbar, though. Everything appears to be connected properly and I have tried every combination of buttons on the remote. I may install an AV receiver/amp and a set of speakers to go with the new BluRay and HDMI switch I installed.
2015 Ford Focus
Old 10-12-2017, 11:24 PM   #40

Model: Windsport
State: Colorado
THOR #6718
Monoprise splitter and switcher

My monoprise s&s is blinking all lights. It won't respond to the controller. Any help.