Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-14-2020, 10:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #21233
Winterizing with antifreeze

I have a 2019 Vegas 24.1. I see reference to an antifreeze injection point near the fresh water tank under bed. I don’t see one like it shows in pics. Can’t you you just hook tube to city water connection and use coach water pump?

Old 11-14-2020, 10:56 PM   #2

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J View Post
I have a 2019 Vegas 24.1. I see reference to an antifreeze injection point near the fresh water tank under bed. I don’t see one like it shows in pics. Can’t you you just hook tube to city water connection and use coach water pump?
The coach WP is used. the t fitting goes between the pump and the FW tank. A valve goes in-between. One way it picks up water from the FW tank. The other wat it picks up Antifreeze from a 1 gal jug. It takes 2 gal to winterize the average RV. including the p-traps but they get Antifreeze while you are installing the antifreeze with the faucets open;
Old 11-15-2020, 12:58 AM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Most modern RVs - and I think maybe all Thor’s - already have the necessary valve and pickup line for the antifreeze jug. Look for a clear plastic hose maybe two feet long with a cap or plug in one end and a valve at the other. Probably will be near the base of the fresh water tank but could be near the pump. Certainly it will be easily accessible and along the line from the fresh water tank to the pump. If it really isn’t present you can buy a Camco kit to add it yourself for about $15. It makes the job really easy.
Old 11-15-2020, 01:45 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Post a picture of the area under your passenger side bed. We'll point out things.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:05 PM   #5

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Do all Thor water heaters have a by-pass or is the water heater somehow not included in the antifreeze protection? If anyone can post a step-by-step procedure for winterizing the water system, it would be helpful.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:13 PM   #6

THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J View Post
no. you put the 2' hose in the antifreeze jug and turn the valve to the jug.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:18 PM   #7

THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
Do all Thor water heaters have a by-pass or is the water heater somehow not included in the antifreeze protection? If anyone can post a step-by-step procedure for winterizing the water system, it would be helpful.
ALL WH have bypass protection. 1, 2 or 3 valves.Click image for larger version

Name:	3 valve by pass.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	27183

Click image for larger version

Name:	bypasskit2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	27184
Old 11-16-2020, 01:23 PM   #8

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Thanks for the info. and the images. I will save them for future use.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:15 PM   #9

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Some folks do suck the anti freeze in via the city water connection per the question

If you already have the T and valve on the pump suction that is the simplest way

My Tuscany doesn't due to space between the tank and pump so I suck it through the city water inlet and by pass the filter