RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-25-2020, 06:26 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude
State: New York
Posts: 7
THOR #20585
E-1 Code on Hot Water Heater

I知 having an issue with my 2021 Magnitude on demand hot water unit. An E-1 code is displayed on the HW control panel. Any idea what the code is?

On a side note, when I checked the main control panel, I noticed that the chassis batteries were dead. I was plugged into shore power and I thought that everything was down that would draw from batteries. Related to HW issue?
__________________

__________________
JKSupertramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:47 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Damon Daybreak
State: New Mexico
Posts: 166
THOR #19133
Without knowing what brand your tankless water heater is; here's something I found on the web for a Girard tankless water heater.
Water heater come on and then locks out with an E-1 code.
 Confirm that gas tank is turned on and that they have propane in the tanks.
 If this is the first start up, or a refilled tank, consider that the customer needs to try multiple times for startup. Turn the
burners on the range to get the gas moving through the system.
 Tap on the gas valve. If it starts, then replace the gas valve.
29
 Smell for gas coming out of the exhaust.
 If the weather is cold, do they have enough propane in the tank?
 Is the regulator on the tank working?
 Replace gas valve.
__________________

__________________
HarryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:51 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude
State: New York
Posts: 7
THOR #20585
It’s a Girard. I’m not sure, but I think that it was trying to start and the propane was off. The shore power outlet was tripped and when I plugged it back in I could hear it trying to fire. Went it and I could not clear code. Could not power up or down either. I went outside and turned it off from there with power on/off switch
__________________
JKSupertramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:16 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
OldWEB's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: England
Posts: 275
THOR #16471
Post Tech Bulletin

Some reading material....
__________________
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:18 PM   #5
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 5,194
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSupertramp View Post
I知 having an issue with my 2021 Magnitude on demand hot water unit. An E-1 code is displayed on the HW control panel. Any idea what the code is?

On a side note, when I checked the main control panel, I noticed that the chassis batteries were dead. I was plugged into shore power and I thought that everything was down that would draw from batteries. Related to HW issue?
Probably. Charge your house batteries and then worry about the water heater.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 11:40 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude
State: New York
Posts: 7
THOR #20585
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSupertramp View Post
It痴 a Girard. I知 not sure, but I think that it was trying to start and the propane was off. The shore power outlet was tripped and when I plugged it back in I could hear it trying to fire. Went it and I could not clear code. Could not power up or down either. I went outside and turned it off from there with power on/off switch


Thank you for the info!
__________________
JKSupertramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 11:42 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude
State: New York
Posts: 7
THOR #20585
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post


Thanks so much!
__________________
JKSupertramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 11:42 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude
State: New York
Posts: 7
THOR #20585
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Probably. Charge your house batteries and then worry about the water heater.


Thanks
__________________
JKSupertramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:06 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude
State: New York
Posts: 7
THOR #20585
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryS View Post
Without knowing what brand your tankless water heater is; here's something I found on the web for a Girard tankless water heater.
Water heater come on and then locks out with an E-1 code.
 Confirm that gas tank is turned on and that they have propane in the tanks.
 If this is the first start up, or a refilled tank, consider that the customer needs to try multiple times for startup. Turn the
burners on the range to get the gas moving through the system.
 Tap on the gas valve. If it starts, then replace the gas valve.
29
 Smell for gas coming out of the exhaust.
 If the weather is cold, do they have enough propane in the tank?
 Is the regulator on the tank working?
 Replace gas valve.


Thank you!
__________________
JKSupertramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:39 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 1,400
THOR #12751
If your propane was off, purge air from the lines by lighting your stove first. Then once the stove fires up ok, try the hot water..... and the furnace for good measure.
__________________

__________________
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×