Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2018, 08:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom elite
State: Florida
THOR #12255
E450 Ford engine light lock won’t start! No power to pcm??? Help

I went to start my truck and nothing......the antitheft/security light was blinking rapidly which the manual states it has a problem and to try the other coded key, I did not have the other key with me so I tried everything else; took it out of Park and put it back in, locked and unlocked the doors with remote and keyless entry still nothing. Tried all of this several times and was ready to give up when I thought, why not tilt the wheel up and down just to try something else and bam it's all good and the truck started.

they thought it was the ignition module, than they thought it was the instrument cluster. They finally found out that it was the PCM (main computer).

2000 Expedition. Dealer changed out the PCM, ECM, climate control unit and cluster. found after extensive going through the whole system. After pulling the wiring harness for the ECM and also the PCM Communication cable found there was no shorts in that but what did find was from the steering column. Down in the column runs the wiring harness that has a ground wire that broke and it was caused by the shifter that's in the column. It took six days to figure out exactly what was happening. traced every wire on that vehicle from under the dash to the motor housing. found that it was a manufacturer defect at time of assembly.

Old 09-09-2018, 09:08 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Is the antitheft/security module aftermarket? If it is that is the first place I would look.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:45 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I agree: that sounds as if the aftermarket device interfered with the best of Ford's plans...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:39 AM   #4

Model: Freedom elite
State: Florida
THOR #12255
No original ford item and exactly same on a friends 2017