Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-23-2022, 08:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta
State: California
THOR #3975
Eating table not steady/alignec

We have a 2016 Thor Siesta 24SA. (Right now, we are in Nova Scotia - beautiful!)

The eating area is a 3-sided bench with a table in the middle. The table has a round bracket on the floor, a post or piller, and a shaped table top. (This can all be converted to a bed, but we don't use that. And the floor and seats are actually part of the slide-out.)

The table parts come from a company called Springfield Marine Co. But they sell a whole BUNCH of parts for maritime and RV needs - and none is really a table kit or system. No instructions on how these parts come apart or fit together. No parts numbers on the table we have - at least, not without taking it apart - and maybe being without a table at all until we get back.

So - right now, I can make the table stable by rotating the pillar about 10 or 20 degrees. Everything tightens up, and we are secure - but we are also bumping into corners that should not be there.

I have attached a few pictures - if anyone has any experience with this or similar setups, I would love to hear about it.

Dan K
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220623_175043.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	38283   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220623_175050.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	38284  

Old 06-23-2022, 09:14 PM   #2

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Can you remove the table from the top of the post, secure the post into the floor "socket" and then press the table back onto the top of the post in the desired profile/position?
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 11:24 PM   #3

THOR #3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Can you remove the table from the top of the post, secure the post into the floor "socket" and then press the table back onto the top of the post in the desired profile/position?
Well - I don't know, and don't want to make it worse, so far from home.

I'm pretty good with my hands, and willing to experiment, but the lack of any technical info is somewhat daunting... I suppose I could call Thor for info.

Take the black knob or button on the base. What does it do? I cannot turn it or press it. Rather frustrating...

Dan
Old 06-24-2022, 01:30 AM   #4

Model: 22FE
State: New York
THOR #5330
The black knob on the base is kind of like a lock to keep it tight once you tighten the post up by screwing into the base, to release the post you need to step on the button to release the post locking mechanism. The table you can push onto the post and rotate it to any position you want the table top.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:43 AM   #5

THOR #3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmath View Post
The black knob on the base is kind of like a lock to keep it tight once you tighten the post up by screwing into the base, to release the post you need to step on the button to release the post locking mechanism. The table you can push onto the post and rotate it to any position you want the table top.
Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Dan K