Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2021, 03:53 PM   #1

State: California
THOR #14070
Very Low Water Pressure - 2019 ACE 30.2

I’m trying to figure out my low water pressure issue. If I had to guess inside the coach we’re at maybe 5 psi. It dribbles from all faucets. The shower is so weak when I turn the handheld part upside down, it barely even sprays up.

• Shore pressure is 50 psi
• After my regulator, it’s still 50 psi
• When using the pump, it’s the same
• Filter screen at the pump is clean

If it were a clogged or kinked line, I would expect that when first turning on the water it would have normal pressure and then immediately drop to low pressure due to the pressure building up past the restriction point, but that doesn’t happen. It’s seems like there is another regulator inside the coach and it’s set to a very low psi.

Any thoughts here?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4608.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	30807

Old 05-26-2021, 04:22 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Very Low Water Pressure - 2019 ACE 30.2

You need to pull all of the filter / strainer screens from your faucet and shower and flush the lines with as much pressure and flow as you can. Construction debris in the PEX often builds-up in the strainers and kills the flow and wreaks havoc with tankless water heaters as well.
Old 05-26-2021, 06:08 PM   #3

State: California
THOR #14070
Thanks, Judge. I was so wrapped up in what it could be I didn’t check the simple things first! The kitchen was full of grainy sand/dust (?) and the bathroom had a single shaving of red pex. The shower doesn’t have a strainer and it’s not something that can be disassembled, so I swapped it with the outside shower. All in all it’s just better, not great, but I think this is all I can get and it’s livable. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4618.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	30809
Old 05-26-2021, 06:22 PM   #4

THOR #12751
Glad its better....

One other thing to check is your onboard fresh water filter. It is possible there is some debris trapped in there as well limiting the flow.

Good luck!
Old 05-26-2021, 07:26 PM   #5

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofabio View Post
Thanks, Judge. I was so wrapped up in what it could be I didn’t check the simple things first! The kitchen was full of grainy sand/dust (?) and the bathroom had a single shaving of red pex. The shower doesn’t have a strainer and it’s not something that can be disassembled, so I swapped it with the outside shower. All in all it’s just better, not great, but I think this is all I can get and it’s livable. Attachment 30809
With the strainers out, how is the flow coming out of the faucets? That should tell you if it is the "faucet flow restrictor" or something before it. Same with the shower wand, you can remove the hose and test the flow. If that is good, you can always try cleaning the wand head by trying to wash or force water 'backwards' thru the head, sometimes you can even see the tiny grains of sand in the shower spray holes, push them backwards, or replace the head.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:11 AM   #6

State: Maryland
THOR #23653
Water pump pulsating while running faucets

We have a Thor Quantum GS27. I have cleared the strainers for the bathroom faucet and the shower. There was some debris that I cleared. The kitchen faucet has very low pressure and the pump makes a pulsating noise. The motor pulsates whenever we turn any of the faucets on. I’m knew to rving. Help!
Old 06-01-2021, 07:56 AM   #7

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJudi View Post
We have a Thor Quantum GS27. I have cleared the strainers for the bathroom faucet and the shower. There was some debris that I cleared. The kitchen faucet has very low pressure and the pump makes a pulsating noise. The motor pulsates whenever we turn any of the faucets on. I’m knew to rving. Help!
You aren't going to have water pressure like you do at home and pulsating is not necessarily a sign of a problem.

That being said....... you can install an Accumulator Tank like this one that will stop the pulsating and help keep the pressure steady.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-01-2021, 05:40 PM   #8

Model: Outlaw 38KB
THOR #23660
Low kitchen sink water pressure

One issue for kitchen sink low water pressure occurs if your faucet has an extension hose allowing you to pull faucet head sprayer out. The supply hose under the sink may have a weight attached to the hose assisting you to retract the hose back into the fixture. The weight can cause the flexible supply hose to kink reducing water flow in the fixture. I took my weight off and this resolved the problem. Minimal effort needed to manually retract the hose back into the fixture without the weight.

GM
Old 06-01-2021, 09:25 PM   #9

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Hopefully you're using something similar to this as your regulator?
Name:  shopping.jpeg
Views: 444
Size:  8.2 KB
NOT THIS! This is called a regulator, pictured below, but is actually a restrictor, it restricts the flow regardless of pressures rather regulate the pressure. They are also famous for sticking & nearly shutting off the flow.
Click image for larger version

Name:	40064__34273.1479923235.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	31073
Best option to anyone using this type is to toss it & use a "regulator" if you're not doing so already.
For better shower head function replace those POS factory shower heads with an Oxygenics head, it mixes air with the stream to feel like more pressure while using less water.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 12:58 PM   #10

Model: 25.2 Axis
THOR #3471
Does it do any harm to go from a 3.3 water pump to a 5 gpm other than running out of water faster Thor axis
Old 06-12-2021, 01:12 PM   #11

THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.vines@att.net View Post
Does it do any harm to go from a 3.3 water pump to a 5 gpm other than running out of water faster Thor axis
No harm, just it may pulsate faster as the pressure would build up faster and then shut off sooner.

As mentioned, an accumulator would reduce the pulsating significantly or some have mentioned a pump with a variable speed motor, now that sounds 'quiet'.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:35 PM   #12

THOR #3471
What size accumulate tank would you recommend
Old 06-12-2021, 04:03 PM   #13

THOR #16471
Accumulator Tank

Well whatever you are comfortable with. The bigger the more storage it has BUT bigger also means more mass and so it would have to be secured properly as H2O is heavy. The RV styled ones are typically less than a quart... I hope someone that has one could chime in and recommend a size, so far I can live with the pulsing but a tank is on the horizon.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:16 PM   #14

THOR #3471
Thanks