Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-11-2021, 03:33 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: California
THOR #22927
Overhead won't go up all the way.

Hi. I have a 2017 Miramar, 37.1 and the bed above the driver and passenger, that goes up and down, is about a 1/4 inch from going up all the way in the drivers side. It goes up and down fine. How do I adjust the bed to be able to put the safety pin in?

Thanks

Old 06-11-2021, 04:00 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgarnat@aol.com View Post
Hi. I have a 2017 Miramar, 37.1 and the bed above the driver and passenger, that goes up and down, is about a 1/4 inch from going up all the way in the drivers side. It goes up and down fine. How do I adjust the bed to be able to put the safety pin in?

Thanks
I get under ours and push like a crazy as my wife retracts it so I can get the pin in.
Old 06-12-2021, 03:11 AM   #3

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
Overhead want go up all the way.

Make sure nothing is binding or blocking it from going all the way up. We have a 2018 37.1 and it goes up flush to the ceiling. What you may want to try is tapping the down button (not enough to make it actually move) and trying up again, holding the button for a few seconds after it stops moving. That’s effectively how you sync the two sides of the Schwintek system used by the bunk and slides. If it still doesn’t want to lift all the way up on the one side, you may have an obstruction (e.g., trim, screw or something in the bunk) that the lift is hitting or maybe the bunk is slightly tweaked so that corner is low but all the other sides are up against the ceiling.

I haven’t looked too closely at it to be sure of what I’m about to say, but the cable that raises the front side of the bunk may need to be adjusted. Maybe lengthening the cable on that side would lower the front, allowing the back to hit the ceiling at the same time as the front. If you look up next to the fan (mine has fans attached to the underside of the overhead cabinet), it looks to me like it’s adjustable with some nuts on a threaded rod.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/C...VAWVWIWYsm.jpg
TheDustyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 11:53 AM   #4

Model: Miramar
State: California
THOR #22927
Thanks. I give it a try.