Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2021, 07:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #22398
Electrical Issues

I have a 2018 Thor Windsport 35m. My leveling jacks, sunshade, vehicle a/c, windshield wipers, headlights, power seat, driver/passenger fans, and backup camera don't work. But, radio, appliances, interior lights, generator switch, and hazard lights all work. I've replaced the 55 amp power converter and checked the fuses and circuit breakers inside and are all fine. Looked at vehicle fuses under the hood and didn't see anything. Couldn't check the black circuits in fuse box. What can this be?

Old 03-07-2021, 07:55 PM   #2

Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
State: New York
THOR #17969
Your issue is definitely a chassis power problem. Not sure what chassis you have but my first thought would be to make sure you do not have a secondary fuse panel in the interior under the dash or seat that is not receiving power.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:27 PM   #3

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I don’t know your coach specifics either, but I think Edensob is on the right track. Sounds like you might have a dead internal chassis distribution fuse panel, which on my old F53 chassis is by the driver’s left foot. Of course I could be very wrong.
Some folks suggest that in many coaches (not sure if this includes yours) there is a 100 amp re-settable DC breaker (near the chassis battery) in series with the power cable from chassis battery to that fuse panel. If you don’t have a distribution fuse panel under dash/on floor near the drivers left foot, try checking in a basement cubby near driver front. “If” your coach uses this 100 amp breaker.....try tracing the cable from the chassis battery + terminal and see if you can find this main breaker. It would make sense to place it near the battery end of the cable, but like anything RV.....it could be anywhere. Good luck.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:04 AM   #4

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
so the first thing is some of these systems are your ford chassis and some are the RV itself. Your leveling jacks are DC from the THOR fuse box. Your windshield wipers, AC, seat are from you Ford chassis.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:54 AM   #5

Model: Serrano
State: Florida
THOR #8144
The previous posts are all pointing you in the right direction. I do not have a Windsport either so I am not exactly sure where you should be looking, but I would guess that you need to start at the batteries. In some coaches they have their own locker and on others, they may be found under your stairwell. Assuming you find the batteries, I would suggest following the large red cable from the positive posts of you batteries. Within a foot or two you should encounter what looks like a terminal block, but it will really be a main 12VDC circuit breaker. In your case I am going to guess that there will be two of them, each on a different red cable. Those circuit breakers have tiny RESET buttons. It may be just a small button or it could be a flag type that may even be red. Pressing the correct one should reset your circuit and get you back in action. Let us know about your progress, please.
Mike
Old 03-09-2021, 03:07 AM   #6

Model: Vegas Windsport Chateau C
State: Texas
THOR #14643
Windsport breaker

Here’s one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7DD545BC-15DE-4177-ACFC-B564725E2D34.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	29003  
Old 03-09-2021, 03:34 AM   #7

Model: Vegas Windsport Chateau C
State: Texas
THOR #14643
Here’s another

There is one in there somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E4C731F4-801D-48F7-9D42-329576EF016B.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	29004  
Old 03-10-2021, 12:24 AM   #8

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
Have you logged onto the THOR owners site and downloaded the DC power schematic. You will see all the CB and that Isolation relay that is situated over the dual batteries. This little device interconnects your chassis battery and coach battery, all needs to be disasembled and cleaned with a wire brush. There is a schematic on the pages of a Windsport 29M. they are similar... I spend a considerable amount of time cleaning battery terminals, spraying the coating.. and I have a 2021... clean clean clean

I added a photo of the THOR ACE 30.4 DC schematic

Your photo looks like the main 100 AMP breaker from your battery to Bussman Fuse box....
Old 03-10-2021, 03:58 AM   #9

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
I have a 2018 Thor Windsport 35m. My leveling jacks, sunshade, vehicle a/c, windshield wipers, headlights, power seat, driver/passenger fans, and backup camera don't work. But, radio, appliances, interior lights, generator switch, and hazard lights all work. I've replaced the 55 amp power converter and checked the fuses and circuit breakers inside and are all fine. Looked at vehicle fuses under the hood and didn't see anything. Couldn't check the black circuits in fuse box. What can this be?
Except for the headlights, all the other circuits point to the BCC TH-1020 box under the hood, that is, IF you have one. Can you tell us?