Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2022, 12:19 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: California
THOR #3559
Electrical Problem 28H

Water entered outside heater exhaust compartment while washing my motorhome. I dried it out and used reset switch on top of circuit board. Neither the heater or A/C unit will turn on at the thermostat control.

I have checked all breakers and fuses inside the control panel, still no change.

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Going to the beach 😎
Homer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 12:22 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
The thermostat gets its power from the furnace switch which gets its power from the appliances fuse. Either your furnace "reset" switch is not on or not making connection, or the appliances fuse is blown.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 01:29 PM   #3

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I don’t know your coach details at all, but if 16ACE27’s info does not locate your problem, there might also be an inline fuse inside the wall behind the coach control panel (where the thermostat physically mounts). When I replaced the original analog thermostat in my 2013 ACE with a digital unit, I found an inline fuse holder buried in the wall feeding the +12v from the furnace to the thermostat (connects to RH and RC terminals of the thermostat). Some thermostats may also include a fuse on the internal circuit board so the cover may have to be removed to see it. Not sure what your coach has.
Old 07-18-2022, 05:02 PM   #4

THOR #3559
Update: Reset the circuit switch and unplugged the fuse panel and inline fuse behind the thermostat, now the AC fan will come on, but the AC compressor and heater still don't work.

I appreciate everyone's advice and any further suggestions are welcome.
Going to the beach 😎
Old 07-18-2022, 10:32 PM   #5

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Did you check the appliance fuse in the fuse panel (usually located near the converter unit) as 16ACE27 suggested? I would also suspect that fuse could blow if you accidentally sprayed water on the furnace circuit board when it was turned on, for example. I suggested checking the in line fuse (if equipped) in the wall behind the thermostat just in the off chance it was open and not supplying 12vdc from the furnace to your thermostat (RH and RC terminals= heat and cool power terminals). Those terminals are typically strapped together. If you have a multimeter, use it to check where the 12vdc fails. Do you have 12vdc at the furnace (outside access); do you have 12vdc in the thermostat on the RH an RC terminals? If you have an analog thermostat it may have a ground connection on terminal marked B and may use a blue wire. You should see 12vdc to ground in the thermostat. If there is no 12vdc on RH and RC you will not get the furnace or the A/C to run. Make sure the switch is “on” in the furnace outside as well.
Old 07-28-2022, 03:27 PM   #6

THOR #3559
Fixed it!

Thanks to everyone who responded. I ordered an ignition replacement kit from Amazon Fenwal 35-535811-113, took less than 10 minutes to install, fired up the generator and air conditioner, IT WORKS!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16590216253106006888003260874478.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	38907  
Going to the beach 😎