Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2022, 03:18 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Arkansas
THOR #557
Ouch

On a recent trip I ran over some road debris while traveling down I-70 near Greenville, Illinois. The damage was extensive as the drive shaft got bent and the Exhaust Pipe was destroyed. Well things happen but... I called goodsam Roadside assistance at 11am. After 4 repeated calls we recieved a not so helpful assist at 7pm. Also called 911 to report the debris. During the entire 8 hours we didn't see a single Highway Patrol officer so not sure if they removed the debris. Ended up limping to the next exit. Took 4 days for repairs but were happy to continue ue our journey home. Like I said, things happenClick image for larger version

Name:	received_1210766209501676.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	39842Click image for larger version

Name:	20220923_100154~2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	39843

Old 10-23-2022, 05:40 AM   #2

Model: ACE
State: Arizona
THOR #15278
YIKES! I'm SO glad that you are all safe! That's not good to hear about GoodSam letting you down though!
Old 10-23-2022, 11:52 AM   #3

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Sorry to hear of your poor response from Good Sam. I had a breakdown requiring an 80 mile tow from the shoulder of I80 in Iowa. One call to Good Sam and they took care of the rest. They reported to the highway patrol, arranged the tow and found a repair center that could handle our coach. Within a couple of hours the tow truck arrived. Honestly I was impressed. Of course I paid for the repairs but never received a tow bill.