Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-22-2022, 02:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 33x
State: Virginia
THOR #14214
Entry step motor gear replacement

Now I have another issue with my 2020 Hurricane 33x. The entry step motor runs but the steps don't move. I believe that the motor gears are stripped or broken. Any idea where to get parts?

Old 07-22-2022, 03:13 PM   #2

Model: Miramar
State: California
THOR #22927
Amazon
Old 07-23-2022, 12:49 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Amazon has the motors. When my motor went bad I called LCI they sent me a new motor, gear Box, and controller for free my coach was 3 years old so it was out of warranty but they wanted to help

It ended up being my gear box gear broke a tooth

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 06:13 AM   #4

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Bought a new motor/gear box from Azoom for around $85 after I stripped the gears by opening the door with the RV cover strap over the step ! Enough stuff on an RV fails without adding to the pile!
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 03:30 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 33x
State: Virginia
THOR #14214
Thanks all for the response, I will check amazon when I get home on Sunday evening. Now on to trying to fix the intermittent dash a/c blower issue, still trying to find the blasted coach fuse box to check all connections.
Old 09-28-2023, 08:42 PM   #6

THOR #30923
Hurricane 27K Step Motor

Hi, I have a Hurricane 27K that I need to replace the step motor. How do I know which part number to buy on Amazon? Do I need to take it off first to get the part number? Thank you.
Old 09-28-2023, 11:02 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
Hi, I have a Hurricane 27K that I need to replace the step motor. How do I know which part number to buy on Amazon? Do I need to take it off first to get the part number? Thank you.
Well, the technically correct way is to pin down what model steps you have either from the label on the steps or from the Thor Owners Resource account for your MH VIN or from the list of installed components in a cabinet in your RV.

Once you have the model number you can get part numbers from Lippert online (or even Google). Once you have the motor part number you can get an OEM or aftermarket replacement from Amazon. They are all essentially the same - a wiper motor assembly. I replaced my 2016 ACE 27.1 steps motor assembly with is one and it was a direct replacement and is working like new:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09JPD48XN/
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 11:03 PM   #8

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
You might be able to get the part number off of the motor by laying on the ground and looking at it from underneath the steps. You can always remove it and look at it. There are only 3 bolts and an electrical supply line to remove the motor. It is an easy job. You will need to have the steps extended to get to the motor easily. If it is retracted, you can pull the step cotter pin to release the steps to access the motor.

Paul
Old 09-28-2023, 11:23 PM   #9

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtyler View Post
Now I have another issue with my 2020 Hurricane 33x. The entry step motor runs but the steps don't move. I believe that the motor gears are stripped or broken. Any idea where to get parts?
Ebay has the gear for $10 to $13, if you know the number of teeth on your plastic gear.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 12:16 AM   #10

THOR #30923
Found the part number

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Well, the technically correct way is to pin down what model steps you have either from the label on the steps or from the Thor Owners Resource account for your MH VIN or from the list of installed components in a cabinet in your RV.

Once you have the model number you can get part numbers from Lippert online (or even Google). Once you have the motor part number you can get an OEM or aftermarket replacement from Amazon. They are all essentially the same - a wiper motor assembly. I replaced my 2016 ACE 27.1 steps motor assembly with is one and it was a direct replacement and is working like new:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09JPD48XN/
You guys are amazing!!! I have the part numbers I now will go on google to see which one Amazon will have for me. Kwilee step 902809000 motor 1101423. 214-1001 step B straight!! Thank you! Thank you!
Old 09-29-2023, 01:50 AM   #11

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Great advice! I did the same on my Hurricane this summer. Didn't need the gear, just the motor. An easy DIY fix.
Old 10-01-2023, 05:37 PM   #12

THOR #30923
Okay all worked out good however, it was not the motor it is the gear box since I found a broken tooth. My stair says it is a 28 and the arm to the gear box is straight Hurricane 27k 2015. When I went on Amazon they don’t have a 28 only 28A and the arms are curved, will these work the same? Should I get a 28A instead of a 28? The motor assembly I bought will also work with these 28A. What’s you opinion? Thanks again y’all have been a great help.