Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2015, 07:38 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Colorado
THOR #1327
Excellent Thor Customer support!

There is often many comments about how bad or unresponsive the Thor Customer service is, on this website/forum, and felt they needed to be recognized for excellent service.

I had some issues with my AXIS since its purchase in December and contacted my selling dealer, Total RV, and Thor customer service. Although it took several weeks to arrange for a field rep to come out to Denver and required parts (including windshield), Thor was responsive to my needs and their field rep was both knowledgeable and customer oriented. All the work (two full days by the Thor Rep) was completed under warranty and I am pleased with the result.

Also, I want to recognize Ivan with Total RV for standing behind the sale even though I was from out of state. Total RV's slogan is "you will come in as strangers and leave as friends" and they delivered as promised.

Hats off to Thor and Total RV...and thanks, Evergreen49

Old 05-05-2015, 08:20 PM   #2

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
That is awesome news! Quite often they don't get credit as people think it is their job and it is but being responsive is very important. They could have just as well said to go pack sand. I am glad to hear you had a great experience and should I ever need help I am sure I will get the same service..................provided I don't go thru camping world
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:53 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
evergreen49 ,

Get with the program!! This is clearly a Thor-bashing site! If you post positive news like you just experienced it's going to seem like Thor possibly makes RV's that people want to buy, own, and use. It's going to make the vast majority of Thor owners, (including owners who actually never post on message boards), feel good about their motorhomes, and continue to maintain and enjoy them for many years.

All those who "gave up", (and the message board Thor-bashing trolls who actually never really owned one to begin with), with their Thor motorhome and then purchased brands of motorhomes that cost two to five times as much for virtually exactly the same RVing experience cannot have that!

Good Thor motorhome news is unacceptable on these message boards! It's clearly non-capitalistic, un-American, and a danger to the free market economy.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:31 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
I just returned from a fifteen day, almost three thousand mile trip from Indiana to Texas, New Orleans and Biloxi. On the second day the water pump went out and there was water all over the floor.

I called Thor service and they immediately sent me to a service shop within three miles of where I was located. The pump was replaced in just a few minutes and I was on my way. I just sent the invoice to Thor and and waiting on the return check.

I am very happy with Thor Emergency Service.

Phil
Old 05-05-2015, 11:46 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
I just returned from a fifteen day, almost three thousand mile trip from Indiana to Texas, New Orleans and Biloxi. On the second day the water pump went out and there was water all over the floor.

I called Thor service and they immediately sent me to a service shop within three miles of where I was located. The pump was replaced in just a few minutes and I was on my way. I just sent the invoice to Thor and and waiting on the return check.

I am very happy with Thor Emergency Service.

Phil
Phil,

So that you are aware. The way it works is the tech who handled you call and receives your invoice/receipt will then submit an internal invoice for payment. Thor cuts checks on Friday's. In my case, I emailed Thor my invoice on March 30 and Thor cut the check on April 28 and I received it on May 2. Based on the info on the check stub, the Thor internal invoice was dated April 21 which is the day I contacted the technician asking about the status of the reimbursement. My case was for mobile service when my slide was stuck in a partially extended position because the slide motor came unplugged. Other than them being "slow to pay" the experience was relatively decent.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:15 AM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
Thanks, Dave.

Did they notify you that they received your copy of the bill? I'd like to know they received it rather than wait a month to find out they did not.

Phil
Old 05-06-2015, 12:38 AM   #7
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
Thanks, Dave.

Did they notify you that they received your copy of the bill? I'd like to know they received it rather than wait a month to find out they did not.

Phil
Phil,

No they did not. In fact I tried calling to make sure it was received and left the technician a voice message. He never returned my call. To be honest with you I was having a good time on the road and didn't think about it again until 9 days later (Apr 9) at which time he told me he'd check the status and get back to me, which he did not do. I then contacted him again on Apr 23 and was told the next check cut was that coming Friday Apr 24. My check, however, did not get cut until April 28 based on the date on the check.

BTW, I found that email was better than phone (it also provides an audit/communication trail) and I'm not sure who you are dealing with but my issue was handled by Mike Rink.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote