Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2015, 10:43 PM   #41

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
I call horse hockey on that theory! There are thousands of Rv's if not millions that don't even have leveling systems and have slides. I put my slide out quite often without the jacks down.
I wouldn't worry, use the rv and enjoy!
I would think that the issue may be that they don't want the RV leveled after the slide is out. Perhaps slides in out position are more vulnerable to damage if the coach's body does any twisting while being leveled.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:57 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Louisiana
THOR #2309
LCI support and manuals

Level Up

I just got off the phone with LCI support myself. Call 574.537.8900. The link above is for the level up system. They have tip sheets and manuals on the system on the web site. I hope this helps.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:26 AM   #43

State: South Carolina
THOR #1836
It's July 24th, our RV has been in the shop since May 26th. I was so happy to hear (just last week), the parts are on order..not fixed yet but on order. Hope I'll see the RV before September.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:44 AM   #44

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarnes298 View Post
It's July 24th, our RV has been in the shop since May 26th. I was so happy to hear (just last week), the parts are on order..not fixed yet but on order. Hope I'll see the RV before September.
We feel for you!! We took our coach in on June 17 for some warranty work, including problems with the leveling system. We were told it would be "about a week or so."

We went to pick it up this past Thursday, July 23 as we were tired of getting the run around that they were waiting for parts. We told them we would bring it back when the parts were in. They have promised to do the actual repairs "while we wait." Not too optimistic about that! Not sure where the parts are coming from!

Plus, similiar to your issue - our coach sat for a whole week before they even looked at it. We're trying to keep a positive attitude, but we've been in touch with Thor. We've been emailing someone there who is giving us some very different information than we're getting from the dealer. Also got a call from someone in their "concierge" dept. Thursday. Will call her back this coming week when we get an update on the parts we're waiting for.

Sure hope you get your problems squared away soon!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #45

Model: Hurricane 32N
State: Virginia
THOR #2169
I have several items that need repair on our new coach. I called our dealership and brought it by. They had their folks look at the items on my list and order the parts. I asked them to call me when they were all in so I could bring it in and have everything done at once. I was in and out of the dealership in 40 minutes. Once the parts are in, I'll bring it back. I didn't see any sense in leaving it there if they didn't have the parts.

The parts department explained that summertime is the busiest time for service/parts because that's when most folks use their RVs and discover problems.

Jody
Yorktown, VA
2015 Hurricane 32N, 2015 Kia Optima, 2016 Master Tow
wacopolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #46

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSSA
State: Nevada
THOR #1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomare View Post
Help me out. Are my expectations too high, is this a typical experience?

We took in our new Thor Super C for some minor repairs and adjustments. Nothing major, we are very happy with it.

Three weeks later (and multiple unreturned phone calls) the service writer tells me that none of the parts are in yet and as such, none of the repairs have been made.

I have nothing to compare this to other than automobile ownership and find this to be completely shocking, that they could have the RV on site for three weeks and make no repairs at all?

We have a trip to Florida planned for a week from now and none of the repairs will be done prior to then.

So am I expecting too much, or is this typical in the RV business.
A typical ploy by a shoddy shop!

Bottom line! They're taking advantage of you!... And anyone else they can put into the shuffle!

If it were me, and these are minor problems, I would collect my unit, use it! and find another shop..or mobile service to take care of the issues.

You are under no obligation for the parts ordered... If they even were??

We full time. We do not leave our rig anywhere. The work we've had done through the years have been taken care of in the day of the APPT. or we were stayed at their facility plugged in!

I make sure they have the parts before I pull in!

I'm a squeaky wheel!... You tell me your going to do it, 98% of the time I'm right there at the door watching!.. even taking pics that can tell a story, (like last weeks 4 hour generator install that took 12 hours!) and believe me! The real devious ones can really rack up the HOURS they charge for! Oh! ya! we changed a fuse and only charged 1/2 an hour! ($50) with the biggest.. I saved your whole life!.. Smile on their face while doing it!

Anyway! do a little research on RV repair shops around you, read some reviews!... you might even check out any mobile services, (licensed & Bonded of course) as we have worked with a couple and they are there to get the job done, paid and go!...The one we use in AZ even works with DRV on warranty issues!
DBL Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #47

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL Z View Post
[B][I]
<snip>

Anyway! do a little research on RV repair shops around you, read some reviews!... you might even check out any mobile services, (licensed & Bonded of course) as we have worked with a couple and they are there to get the job done, paid and go!...The one we use in AZ even works with DRV on warranty issues!
Would you be willing to share the name of the service company you use in AZ? We live there and would be willing to travel a bit farther to be treated better!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:11 PM   #48

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarnes298 View Post
This is totally unacceptable!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote