Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2017, 04:32 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: Colorado
THOR #7174
Entertainment Center

So I have a 2016 Hurricane 35C
I was wondering what the deal was everything is crazy, the TV won't play through speaker right over theater seats, outside speakers control from rear radio, no way to play DVD player through other tvs, the whole thing seems weird. I have seen model that have a master control that lets you push what input you want to go where and it seems easy and organized we have this four way HDMI switch that is not helpful or intuitive. Of course I would not mind changing things out to a better system but of course all the wires a hidden behind impossible to reach walls...any solutions?

Old 06-23-2017, 12:56 PM   #2

State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
We have the same model as you do. It can be a bit frustrating at times, but there is some technology that can help. The rear radio controls both the outside speakers and the speakers over the bed. The speakers over the theater seats are controlled from the front Axxera unit. Not exactly intuitive. You can use a Bluetooth dongle for either the main TV or an outside TV that will connect to either head unit for using the speakers. We also have an Xbox One that we use as the main entertainment center that does plug into the 4 way HDMI box so we can route whatever source we want through the Xbox and then out. Attached are an AppleTV and our DirecTV receiver.

I think Thor was very simplistic in their setup. With a little bit of tinkering you can get what you want.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
The problem with the Bluetooth dongle is you have to use it all the time as you almost have to remove the TV to connect it. And you can't simply use a cable extender because it will disconnect the TV speakers regardless of whether you have anything plugged into the other end or not. And of course the only audio out on these Seiki TVs is the headphone jack.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #4

State: Colorado
THOR #7174
Already switched out the Seiki TV in living area with our Roku ready TV and a DVD player. In back I have Roku box with the. Seiki TV I did get the outside TV to work once by pushing buttons on the HDMI switch but can seem to recreate it. Guess biggest thing would be overhead speakers in living area synced with TV for movie nights.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:43 PM   #5

State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
There is that option as well. Many people have swapped the non-QAM Seiki TVs for some QAM capable smart TVs. We have a 32" Roku TV ready to swap in our bedroom.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote