Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2021, 11:54 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I don't like that approach...... for the following reasons.

1. If you have a large enough leak in one of the tires, you won't know which one is going down. I think the balancing valve closes at a 10PSI delta.

2. You have one tire lose most of its air and your TMPS alarm may not trip. I am not sure if the check valve closes whether there will still be pressure from the good tire at the valve stem.

3. You can't monitor the pressure in both tires to make sure the Crossfire is working properly.

4. You can't monitor the temperature of each tire in case one is overheating and possibly close to a failure.

It was worth it to me to purchase the Crossfire with the TPMS option so I could still monitor the pressure and temperatures of all 6 tires.
That is my thought exactly also. I'm going to get the crossfire but need to decide if I'm going to resurrect my EEZtire system or go with the RVi system and reduce my dash clutter.

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 12:17 AM   #22

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #15745
You can get the Crossfire valve and they offer ss hoses for the addition of two TPMS transmitters and they will monitor each tire. I have a Tireminder TPMS system and have been thinking about adding the Crossfire equalizers.
FMCA Member
Badmanrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:09 AM   #23

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Another question is wheel balancing. On my Itasca DP I went with Centramatic and was happy with that solution. The crossfire is a lot of mass that needs to be compensated for I would imagine.
2nd trip with the crossfire installed and I think it needs some wheel balancing help. Around 65 there is an occasional light vibration in the seat/frame indicative of rear balancing problems. I'm not surprised because even though each tire is individually balanced, the whole assembly can't, and now that assembly has the crossfire and tpms on it. When I had my DP I put on Centramatics and was very satisfied with them. I don't think the front needs them so just the rear. I need to rotate the outer tire 1 lug position in order to get the hoses positioned so they don't rub the rim. At that time I'll put on the centramatic balancers. In the interim I got some clear plastic hose, 1/2"ID, spiral cut it and slipped on the braided hoses. Held in place with zip ties.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote