Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2018, 11:45 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37YT
State: Tennessee
THOR #10421
RVI Tire Patrol

I've seen and read a few posts about tire pressure monitoring systems but I wanted to SPECIFICALLY ask about any issues anyone has had with the RVI Tire Patrol system. Initially, I didn't have any issues with mine once I paired the RV and toad's sensors (which was about 4 months ago) but recently, it seems I was having an issue with a random sensor not pairing or it would take awhile, now I have 4 on the RV which won't pair at all and seem to be "dead". I went through all the procedures to try and get them to pair but to no avail. I have called the company and they DID RETURN MY CALL but I missed the call so I'm going to try and get back in touch with them. THIS POST IN NO WAY IS REFLECTIVE OF BAD SERVICE ON THEIR PART, I'm just curious to see who all may have had issues with this set up and if it was resolved, fixed, not fixed, etc. I also bought the RVI3 braking system which, so far has been GREAT!

Please, I ask respectfully, only those who have the RVI Tire Patrol reply with your opinions, issues, etc. I've read the other remarks regarding the other brands so I'm not asking which ones are best/better. Thanks!

Old 08-31-2018, 11:54 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #9050
This just happened to us. They had a bad batch of sensors where the weld was leaking and if water gets into the battery it dies immediately. They sent us a new set of sensors no charge.
Mods - Safe-T-Steer - Roadmaster Sterling Towbar - Tow Defender - KarGard - Thermopro In/Out T-Stat - SS Kitchen Sink - Garmin RV770 - Propane Tee Grill Adaptor - Custom Center Console - Oxygenics Shower Head - 10" Rear View Safety Monitor - Verizon Hot Spot - Radiator Guard - Sumo Springs - Cylinder Locks
Sprinkler-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:00 PM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.2
THOR #9050
BTW, They love to use their Chat on their website. They answered my issues very quickly.
Mods - Safe-T-Steer - Roadmaster Sterling Towbar - Tow Defender - KarGard - Thermopro In/Out T-Stat - SS Kitchen Sink - Garmin RV770 - Propane Tee Grill Adaptor - Custom Center Console - Oxygenics Shower Head - 10" Rear View Safety Monitor - Verizon Hot Spot - Radiator Guard - Sumo Springs - Cylinder Locks
Sprinkler-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:08 PM   #4

Model: 2016 Freedom Elite 28H
THOR #1929
I have the RVI2 brake system. I was told by RVI that Tire Patrol is not compatible with the RVI2 system. That prices me out.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:02 PM   #5

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
are you sure the batteries are good?

I don't have that system, but I have had issue with my batteries draining before it seems like they should.

I've also had several times when removing the sensor then putting it back on did the trick. It seems it wasn't engaging the valve well enough for the sensor to see pressure.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:43 PM   #6

Model: Challenger 37YT
State: Tennessee
THOR #10421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler-Head View Post
This just happened to us. They had a bad batch of sensors where the weld was leaking and if water gets into the battery it dies immediately. They sent us a new set of sensors no charge.
Yep, spoke to Matt yesterday and was told the same thing. He’s sending a new batch for my whole setup and I’m hoping that will get me back up and going. They are GREAT to work with, EXCELLENT customer service and I love the RVI3 braking system. I even like the TPMS system as it’s worked fine up until now.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:38 PM   #7

Brand: Airstream
Model: Land Yacht
THOR #16202
Test Message

I posted an account of my RVi experience but it must have been lost.
I wanted to see if this would go through.
Bud
Old 08-07-2019, 01:30 AM   #8

THOR #16202
RVi

Maybe my message was to long. I got Tire Patrol in January 2018
I've had 50 sensors, 3 hubs and 3 tablets because of paring problems. But I think everything is working now.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:39 PM   #9

Model: Miramar 35.3
THOR #6451
I too have the RVI tire patrol. I've had the tire patrol since June of 2017. I am on my 4th set of sensors. They also sent me a new hub. The sensors would work for two trips and then one by one they would start failing. I have used my newest set of sensors twice now with no issues but I have never had the sensors work for 3 consecutive trips yet. Each time they have sent me sensors, there has been no charge even though I am out of warranty. They even offered to overnight them to the RV park we were staying. I have been extremely happy with their customer service and hopefully they have the bugs worked out of the sensors now. I have a trip planned in a couple of weeks and this will be the 3rd trip on the newest set of sensors. I have my fingers crossed.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:51 AM   #10

THOR #16202
Their customer service has been great. If they could only get their products to work for longer then about 3 months.