Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-05-2020, 09:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Fender Camera

Have a 2016 Sprinter Citation. Fender camera has some moisture in it. Anyone know the part number or make by chance?

Old 05-06-2020, 11:24 AM   #2

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Can you take a hair dryer and dry out the moisture? Just wondering.
GVP
Old 05-06-2020, 06:15 PM   #3

Model: 2018 Siesta 24ST
State: Ohio
THOR #15089
I had the same problem. Replacing the camera with a new one is a bear, because the cable goes all the way through to the dash / radio (no disconnect at the camera end). I unscrewed the camera housing, unscrewed the gasketed cover on the underside, and was able to dry it out; then replaced the cover with a bead of silicone sealant added, and screwed it back on the body. Is working fine.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:22 PM   #4

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2777 View Post
I had the same problem. Replacing the camera with a new one is a bear, because the cable goes all the way through to the dash / radio (no disconnect at the camera end). I unscrewed the camera housing, unscrewed the gasketed cover on the underside, and was able to dry it out; then replaced the cover with a bead of silicone sealant added, and screwed it back on the body. Is working fine.
Appreciate the info. Mine has a coaxial type connector under the hood so looks easy enough. I just didn't want to crack the paint until I had a replacement. The moisture is directly behind the glass so not sure drying the gasket will work. Are you saying you where you able to get the glass out? If you did I'll give that a whirl.