Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2022, 12:54 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano 24RW
State: Virginia
THOR #26271
Firefly 7 inch panel and G12

I waited 6 months to get a appointment and now have a new Firefly 7 inch control panel. And the new panel is doing the same thing the old one did. It is not recording the running time of the diesel Cumming Generator. Why the techs did not check the Firefly G12 connector panel before and after they installed a new Firefly 7 inch control panel ,I don't know. Standard trouble shooting ! Now they want to replace the G12 because it does not voltage on some of the pins. Waiting again for the Thor Warranty Department to approve the request. Has anyone experienced a malfunctioning Firefly control panel ?

Old 08-18-2022, 10:07 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Yes.....

I have a '20 Magnitude SV34 I bought in October 2019. In the first few months I started having issues with the two A/C units. The fans would turn on but not the compressors when calling for cooling..... or the compressors would run without the fans.

If I shut down the 12V in the coach and rebooted the system it would work for a while and then act up again.

I contacted FireFly directly and did troubleshooting with them. They determined I had a bad G7 board. I supplied all of the information to the dealer so they could get the board ordered.

The dealer not only replaced the G7 mainboard but they also replaced the display, which was working fine. When I got the coach home none of the wireless switches for the lights, fans, etc. worked. I figured the dealer tech didn't pair the switches with the new panel., which was not a surprise given then quality of the dealer techs.

I went through the pairing procedure but the switches would not pair. I contacted FireFly again and they determined the new display was bad!

I wasn't driving 2 hours back to the dealer so I called Thor and got them to send me a new display per FireFly. I replaced it myself and paired the switches and the system has been fine ever since.