I bought the RV last month and winterized it when I got home, as we live in WV and it’s winter.
I used a boatload of antifreeze (about 15 gallons) in the fresh water tank until I discovered the “winterize” valve in the wet bay. Then I pumped about 4 gallons thru that.
We’re heading to Florida next week and I need to get the water system functioning again. My thoughts:
- Before I leave - Fill the FW tank with about 5 gallons of water mixed with a cup of bleach.
- Run the pump and turn on all the faucets.
- Hook the pail with the bleach solution to the city water inlet and “winterize” for a few minutes.
- Drive to our first RV park (about 4 hours) and do a full hook up.
- Hook up to park’s city water and run a bunch thru the system.
- Insert a new filter
- Next morning - dump black then grey - partially fill Fw tank for toilet use - drive..
Does that make sense?