Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2020, 12:39 PM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #20931
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I bought my Jet flo Macerator so I could dump at home I store my RV at home on it's own pad. 75' to nearest toilet and 100' to a sewer stub out in the yard.

After about a year, I noticed 70% of the time we dumped at facility about 12 miles from our house. While it was very nice and free It was just more work to unhook drive up there take care of things and drive back home.

I just used mine to dump my tanks for real yesterday at a campsite. I could have easily used my slinky and it would have been about the same effort. I now own them both and will use the option that is most convenient. But FWIW, I have no plans to carry my 100' 3/4" Sewer hose with me in the RV, it is on a hose cart and only intended for home use. On the road, my sewer hose is only 25' 1/2". My Slinkys extend to 20' so that could be a factor.

We installed a Thetford, Sani-Con Turbo and it remains hooked up inside compartment at all times. Flushing is the easiest thing now with virtually no mess of fuss, through the attached hose. We have used it twice at fairgrounds that did not have dump station. We went to the restroom and found their clean out, using a regular 3/4 hose 50' worked great.

Old 12-21-2020, 12:45 PM   #82

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
My Coach has the macerator toilet in the Master bath

It drains into the gray tank which also included the washer, shower, and kitchen

The 1/2 bath and sink are all that go to the black

So I have 2 black tanks and no real advantages to sequence
Old 12-21-2020, 01:15 PM   #83
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguir View Post
My Coach has the macerator toilet in the Master bath
Just don't drop your dentures or reading glasses in it...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:48 PM   #84

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by danl61 View Post
We installed a Thetford, Sani-Con Turbo and it remains hooked up inside compartment at all times. Flushing is the easiest thing now with virtually no mess of fuss, through the attached hose. We have used it twice at fairgrounds that did not have dump station. We went to the restroom and found their clean out, using a regular 3/4 hose 50' worked great.
You know this is thought a may be my next level progression. I have Camco 90 degree clear elbow that I leave connected all the time with a 10' camco slinky hose compressed inside my wet bay. It is just to catch any affluent that may drip from either valves and to ensure it is empty before removal. But to your point, I could easily put the Jet Flo macerator on the valve with the clear 90 degree and just leave it. Maybe buy a 3/4" 50' hose to carry with me at all times to go. My existing 100' 3/4" sewer hose is really for home only.

The current 25' orange Camco sewer hose is only 1/2". I was using it previously for the San T Flush fill.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 04:05 PM   #85

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
We do that in order to reduce the chance of fouling-up the sensors..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Horrified.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	27748  
Old 12-21-2020, 04:07 PM   #86

THOR #13058
Quote:
We do that in order to reduce the chance of fouling-up the sensors..

My wife still freaks out after me telling her about prospect of splashing cold water up her butt using a bidet; I am afraid if I bring this up she will leave me for sure

In our case, the black tank sensor (while it works perfectly) is not really relevant. We will ALWAYS fill the gray tank before the black tank. In fact, I don't think our black tank has ever been more than 2/3 full?

We made it home yesterday and gray is 2/3 full and black is reading 1/3. We use dishwashing liquid all the time and sometime the Thetford chemicals in the black tank;

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Campa-Che...BoCzogQAvD_BwE

but no thetford chemicals are in the tank now; as it will be my 2nd time dumping this week with new macerator.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 12-21-2020, 04:26 PM   #87
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
You could offer to hook the bidet up to both water feeds, and throw in a mixing valve...
Old 12-21-2020, 06:12 PM   #88

THOR #6903
Quote:
Just don't drop your dentures or reading glasses in it...
The throne of no return!
Old 12-21-2020, 06:25 PM   #89
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
The throne of no return!
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1608575124
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fix-toilet-17-toilet-FH05JA_459_53_029.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	27752  
Old 12-22-2020, 05:41 AM   #90

Model: Challenger 37FH
State: California
THOR #19539
To piggyback on Popfla’s advise, here is a You Tube video that may help:

https://youtu.be/WR-N6NtHQho

There are many videos on You Tube about this subject and other RV subjects.

Good luck and have fun in your RV.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:02 PM   #91

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdkim View Post
To piggyback on Popfla’s advise, here is a You Tube video that may help:

https://youtu.be/WR-N6NtHQho

There are many videos on You Tube about this subject and other RV subjects.

Good luck and have fun in your RV.
That was good video, but I missed his point of his 5 - 8 minutes ?

At the end was he talking about 5 - 8 minutes to just rinse, or do the whole thing? He spent 5 minutes using the sani flush to the black tank. Also he had everything already connected

If I could pull up to a dump station with sewer hose already connected, water hose already connected and no need to clean hoses, roll back up, or store the same, I could do in 8 minutes too.

As it is; I always plan on 15 - 20 minutes to do both tanks.

Observation
#1 On black tank, after opening valve and allowing to drain is when I connect the sewer water hose to sani flush, I normally had been allowing to run until the water started to come out clear. This is my long pole in the tent. If I cap the flush to 5 minutes; I could do in 10 - 15 minutes every time, but why? At $50/night at the campsite, perhaps I feel entitled to the water

#2 Even with the sani flush, afterwards, I do allow some gray to back fill in black tank and dump it through the sewer hose. I usually do it twice before allowing all of the remaining gray water to clean the hose before cleaning and putting everything back up.

#3 If I am at home, I may not use gloves, but I use gloves at every public facility I dump. I normally will have to touch something that does not belong to me.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:13 PM   #92
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Take a full hook-up site, and rinse to your heart's content...
Old 12-22-2020, 03:01 PM   #93

THOR #6903
Come on guys and gals, we can surely get to 100 post
Old 12-22-2020, 09:58 PM   #94

Model: Challenger 37FH
State: California
THOR #19539
I think the video talked about 5-8 minutes to refill the tank (and flushing at the same time) to dump it out again.

I do that as well. I will refill the black tank using the built-in flush system, and then dump it again to get most of the contents out of the tank. I often have to do this multiple times to make sure the black tank is clear of the dirty stuff.

However, I use a water meter to ensure I don't over fill the black tank. Without a water meter, you have to time how long you fill the tank so you don't accidentally overfill it. I believe that is where the 5-8 minutes come into play. The time will depend on the water pressure at the dump station or campsite, and the size of your tank.

I have two black tanks at 40 gallons each. It takes me at least twenty minutes to empty and flush each black tank. Yea...it takes a long time. That is why I try to stay away from dump stations and do my dumping at a full hook-up campsite. This ay I don't have to worry about other RVer waiting for me to finish.

I like the water meter because I know exactly how much water I am putting back into the black tank before I dump it again. Sometimes I flush the tank several times to make sure I get all the dirty stuff out. After I flush the black tanks out two or three times, I will then release the gray tank to clean out the sewer hose with the soapy gray water. I really recommend the water meter. I will attach an Amazon link below, if interested.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R85H1PM...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I hope I didn't confuse you.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:37 PM   #95

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
#95 Surely bob & Duckie have something to add!
Old 12-22-2020, 11:21 PM   #96
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
#95 Surely bob & Duckie have something to add!
Sorry: I "crapped-out"...
Old 12-22-2020, 11:30 PM   #97

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdkim View Post
I think the video talked about 5-8 minutes to refill the tank (and flushing at the same time) to dump it out again.

I do that as well. I will refill the black tank using the built-in flush system, and then dump it again to get most of the contents out of the tank. I often have to do this multiple times to make sure the black tank is clear of the dirty stuff.

However, I use a water meter to ensure I don't over fill the black tank. Without a water meter, you have to time how long you fill the tank so you don't accidentally overfill it. I believe that is where the 5-8 minutes come into play. The time will depend on the water pressure at the dump station or campsite, and the size of your tank.

I have two black tanks at 40 gallons each. It takes me at least twenty minutes to empty and flush each black tank. Yea...it takes a long time. That is why I try to stay away from dump stations and do my dumping at a full hook-up campsite. This ay I don't have to worry about other RVer waiting for me to finish.

I like the water meter because I know exactly how much water I am putting back into the black tank before I dump it again. Sometimes I flush the tank several times to make sure I get all the dirty stuff out. After I flush the black tanks out two or three times, I will then release the gray tank to clean out the sewer hose with the soapy gray water. I really recommend the water meter. I will attach an Amazon link below, if interested.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R85H1PM...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I hope I didn't confuse you.
That is clear to me. I thought I was hearing 5 - 8 min to get in and out of the public sewer dump station

I follow the logic to know how long before filling the black tank. It was gap for me because I have always dumped my black tank in full 1st, then turn on the sani flush to do what ever it is going to do, it is going in and out at about the same rate. Never crossed my mind that the black tank could overfill in my situation. But in your case if black tank valve is closed I could see the concern.

But truth be told starting this week, with my new Jet flo macerator, I have not been using my sani flush to clean. Just the back wash fill from Gray tank. But if I am at campsite I will do both gray tank back fill flush & sani flush clean.

I guess this comes down to what is the advantage of filling the black tank with the sani flush (to worry about overfill) versus leaving valve open; so it is going in and out at same rate when Sani flush is being used?

As far as water meter goes, I like toys and that is a nice one to have. I could see using it for the fresh water fill though.