Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2022, 02:55 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23TW
State: Texas
THOR #22166
Fixed My Sani Flush

The sani flush system on my 2021 Compass TW never worked very well. After looking at the schematic on owner resources, I decided to troubleshoot it.

I started by replacing the check valve behind the shower valves(did not fix it).

Next I removed the 2 screws holding the flush water supply connector, when I pulled the fitting out from the wall there were 2 very obvious kinks in the first 6 inches of the flex hose. I taped a sleeve around each kink to keep them straight and pushed the hose back inside the wall. Issue solved.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Thor RV Forum mobile app

Old 11-05-2022, 03:06 PM   #2

Model: 2022 Axis 24.1
State: Kansas
THOR #24565
Good trouble-shooting!
Old 11-05-2022, 03:34 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
I will have to check mine for kinks. The nearby outside shower had a kink totally blocking flow, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the sani flush was also kinked.

David
Old 11-05-2022, 04:10 PM   #4

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSkate View Post
The sani flush system on my 2021 Compass TW never worked very well. After looking at the schematic on owner resources, I decided to troubleshoot it.

I started by replacing the check valve behind the shower valves(did not fix it).

Next I removed the 2 screws holding the flush water supply connector, when I pulled the fitting out from the wall there were 2 very obvious kinks in the first 6 inches of the flex hose. I taped a sleeve around each kink to keep them straight and pushed the hose back inside the wall. Issue solved.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Thor RV Forum mobile app
Mine started spraying water all over the compartment behind the plate where the sani flush was mounted. I figured it was loose or had a hole in it. I reached around the plate and removed the hose, it turns out it's the same type that are under the sinks in your home. I measured the hose, it was 6 feet long. I measured the distance from the sani flush hose connector to the PEX line above the door it was 16 inches. I went to Menards and bought a 24 inch stainless steel hose and installed it, now there is no place for it to kink and less chance it would get a hole in it
Old 11-05-2022, 05:59 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
Mine started spraying water all over the compartment behind the plate where the sani flush was mounted. I figured it was loose or had a hole in it. I reached around the plate and removed the hose, it turns out it's the same type that are under the sinks in your home. I measured the hose, it was 6 feet long. I measured the distance from the sani flush hose connector to the PEX line above the door it was 16 inches. I went to Menards and bought a 24 inch stainless steel hose and installed it, now there is no place for it to kink and less chance it would get a hole in it
Oh good, with the 4' of less hose, did you reweigh the RV to calculate new tire pressures?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 06:17 PM   #6

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Oh good, with the 4' of less hose, did you reweigh the RV to calculate new tire pressures?
I'm so light now that I probably pull a Jeep Wagoneer instead of a Wrangler, just think if I replace all the long ones under the sinks I could pull a new Hummer. If I put helium in the tires I could pull a trailer with the Hummer on it