Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Texas
THOR #12635
Big foot levelers bleeding pressure

Had Big Foot levelers install on the RV work great for leveling but bleed off pressure over night.

Is this normal for a new install? does it take a little bit of use to get all the air out of the system?

Good Sam Member 855452801
Sk8nmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:35 AM   #2

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Hi, I am not familiar with Bigfoot Levelers.

I would believe the installers bled all the air out when they tested their installation.
Air compresses and would make for a sponginess feeling.
That being said, if things feel real solid when you level the rig out, it may be another issue.
I cannot say for sure, but there may be some sort of check valve, or holding valve that is bleeding by, maybe even the directional valve that duals as a check.
This could be as simple as a little dirt in there, or the valve sticking for some other reason, and could need replaced.

Have you talked with the folks who installed the system and let them know of the experience?
Old 08-07-2019, 10:37 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31D
State: Virginia
THOR #5638
I have Bigfoot levelers, single pump system I installed, and no they should not bleed or loose pressure at all. As 10scDust mentioned if there is any air in the system on the lift side of the jacks you'll never get a firm feel and the coach will bounce on the jacks as if the coach is still on the suspension.

Per Quadra's troubleshooting guide (http://nebula.wsimg.com/cb7bc4c09b8c...&alloworigin=1) you should -
1. Check fluid level (low level you will also not get full extension on all jacks)
2. Check for leaks in hydraulic lines/fittings for leaks (would be obvious with oil on the ground).
3. Possibly plumbed backwards (post install test should have caught)
4. Relief Valves have failed on pump motor (what I suspect)
5. Hydraulic seal failure, check for oil around bottom of cylinder (obvious indications).

You can always give Quadra a call, 1-800-752-9815 or 269-483-9633.

Bigfoot Hydraulic Leveling System Support