Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2019, 05:10 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Alaska
THOR #14573
Flickering LED daylight running lights

Just drove MH back from another wasted 2 week stay at CW with none of the warranty repairs completed. Dark out and noticed the front LED daylight running lights that wrap the headlights are flickering. Unplugged the coach, started engine, nothing stopped it. Finally crawled underneath and disconnected them. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Old 06-02-2019, 01:36 PM   #2

THOR #14573
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubeGrpArchitek View Post
Just drove MH back from another wasted 2 week stay at CW with none of the warranty repairs completed. Dark out and noticed the front LED daylight running lights that wrap the headlights are flickering. Unplugged the coach, started engine, nothing stopped it. Finally crawled underneath and disconnected them. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?
I guess this is called hyperflashing
Old 06-02-2019, 02:21 PM   #3

State: California
THOR #10354
LED running lights

I had a small section of these lamps out so I requested a replacement from Thor and they responded quickly but kept sending me the right side instead of the left side-they are different. You can also buy similar products on Ebay to attach around your lights. These lamps are weird though, having their visible direction pointing sideways from their flat and this is why there is a right and left side.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:33 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Michigan
THOR #3954
Flickering LED daylight running lights

I had the same issue when upgrading LED headlight bulbs on my old Tundra.

I discovered there was a continental low level leakage to the driver side headlight when off. It wasn’t enough to light the original halogen bulbs, but was enough to cause the high efficiency LEDs to flicker.

I verified this by swapping back and forth between the OEM and LEDs. Drove the neighbors crazy as it winked through the night. [emoji6]
Old 06-04-2019, 12:49 PM   #5

Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: Florida
THOR #7853
Check for a loose ground wire. I had a similar problem with our Challenger, running LEDs wouldn't come on, intermittent turn signals out, high beam indicator would come on while driving, no side cameras with turn signals (intermittent)

Turned out to be a loose ground wire for the harness. Ours is under the hood, driver's side, and attached to one of the brackets holding the fiberglass front end on. Bolt was stripped out, changed to a larger bolt, no problems since..

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:57 PM   #6

THOR #14573
Thanks for the help...will look for loose grounding / wires. Interestingly, rec'd this response from Thor:

Mr. Dube,
The flickering lights will have to be turned off by a Ford Service Center. This option is activated/de-activated by them. Below is a link to find the nearest Ford Commercial Service Center. Be sure to select ‘Class A Motorhome’ in Advanced Settings.
Best Regards,