Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2018, 03:09 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 30.4
State: Louisiana
THOR #9620
Flickering rear camera

The camera on my Thor Ace has been flickering and progressively getting worse. Found the entire console holding the radio, a/c controls and power outlets can be easily removed. It is secured with two small nuts at the lower part of the console on either side of the power outlets. There are actually six screws, but only two have nuts on the end. After nut removal console can be pulled outward and up. I was able to remove with a nutdriver without taking off doghouse. The RCA cable, was barely connected to a grey box which I think is referred to as the trigger switch. Seems to be fixed now. I used the “Thor” zip tie method to keep RCA plug secured, lol. Just posting as a reference Incase someone has same issue. The radio itself seems to have a different system than the “C” wire tool others have mentioned.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Ohio
THOR #8054
Having the same issue. Thanks for posting. I’ll be working on that today. I feel like I’ve become a full time RV mechanic since I retired. Thanks again.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:50 PM   #3

Model: Challenger LX
State: Arkansas
THOR #6651
We just got back from a six week trip out west in our 2017 Challenger LX. About half way into the trip, my rear view camera started flickering and eventually went out completely. The side view cameras were not affected.

I suspected a loose connection to the Axxera unit, so I pulled the unit out of the dash but found no issues. I then removed the panel on the rear of the coach holding the rear view camera. I thought that maybe there was a loose connection there. The wire to the camera was hard wired (not plugged in) but after removing the panel, it started working again. I reassembled it and it worked fine for about a half day of driving, but then went out again. I think the problem is obviously at the camera (either the camera itself or the hardwired connection), but I’m unsure of what I need to do now. Any suggestions?

Tags
flickering camera