Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2020, 01:03 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #15916
Inverter fault on 2019 Thor Hurricane

My inverter is not coming online. I try to turn it on and I get a Inverter fault message on control panel. Is there a reset to try and fix this? My level system and slides are dead.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:52 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc135speed View Post
My inverter is not coming online. I try to turn it on and I get a Inverter fault message on control panel. Is there a reset to try and fix this? My level system and slides are dead.
It would help to know what the inverter error is. It is probably an E01 or E02 which is a low battery warning. I would suggest your house batteries need charging.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:58 AM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
The Inverter does not have anything to do with the Levelers or Slides. Those are 12V circuits and the Inverter puts out 100V AC.

That being said, your Inverter not turning on and Leveler and Slides not working gives you a clue.... it points to the house batteries. Could be a bad connection.... bad house batteries.... tripped 12V breaker.

There is usually a 100A Bussman 12V breaker near the house batteries that provides circuit protection to the Levelers (and usually for starting the generator as well). If that breaker is tripped, the Levelers won't work (and the generator won't start).

Typically the Inverter is wired directly to the house batteries with its own fuse or breaker but not sure how your coach is wired. If it won't power on, then the fuse or breaker for the Inverter could be the issue.

I don't know what Inverter you have but if it is a Xantrex with a built in transfer switch, does it power up on shore power and give the fault or only when you try to run off the house batteries?