Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2021, 10:19 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #22407
Ford E450 'Service Advance Trace' error

Hi,

Almost every trip now, I get a 'Service Advance Trac' error on the dashboard of my Axis 25.6 E450 Ford chassis. The cruise control stops working. Usually after shutting off, it goes away for a while.

Has anybody else seen this / know the cause / gotten it fixed?

When I looked this up on the web, it appears to be due to stability - crosswind or loss of traction can cause it, but I am just cruising down the freeway. I have an appointment to have Ford look at it, but plan on doing some suspension upgrades soon as well, so wondering if I should wait for that first, and see if it goes away?

Any insight appreciated.

Vic

Old 07-27-2021, 02:59 PM   #2

THOR #22407
BTW I should have added that this is the 2021 7.2L V8 engine
Old 07-27-2021, 05:52 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
It is not a new phenomenon. There is an extensive thread over on Irv2.com/Ford Chassis mostly about new F53 chassis, but also references to F350s and posts about Axis 24.1 E350s (mine) as well.

Lots of different theories. None have panned out for long. Add your name to the NHTSA list and put pressure on Ford to find a real fix.

David

David
Old 07-27-2021, 08:57 PM   #4

THOR #22407
Thanks, David

I found the thread, and I also submitted a complaint to NTSA. I have an appointment with a Ford Truck center affiliate (Rush Truck center) but it's 100+ miles away, and after reading the thread, am concerned it will be a wasted visit. I'm going to try to schedule with a closer center, even if it's a few months out. In the meantime, I have inflated tires to the recommended 75/80psi front/rear (they were low) and am going to upgrade some suspension components. Sounds like this won't matter anyway, but don't want to drive 200+ miles roundtrip just to be told they can't fix it...
Old 07-27-2021, 09:39 PM   #5

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
I haven't had any further Advance Trac messages other than the two I got while traveling along the Interstate in late April. I sure am not going to drive a hundred miles or sit in a service department waiting room all day to be told they can't find anything wrong.

So wait until something more definitive comes out.

David

Tags
axis, e450