Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2021, 06:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Ford F53 Recall

I need to check mine ..but here is all i have now
hope it helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	f53a (1).jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	29849   Click image for larger version

Name:	f53b.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	29850  

Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:11 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
I need to check mine ..but here is all i have now
hope it helps
Don’t you have a Vegas/Axis? That is not an F53 chassis.

Also, the quality of the post is poor and does not allow reading on a mobile device and I believe this topic has already came up, although that discussion might have been on the Jayco forum.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:13 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
N/A Axis/Vegas and there is another thread on this recall for the NEWER F53 chassis.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f1...s17-25779.html
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:35 PM   #4

THOR #20220
ok thx i think this is mine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e series.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	29853  
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 06-08-2021, 07:29 PM   #5

State: Idaho
THOR #22657
Ours was affected by the recall. I received the letter from Ford and Thor. I had to drive it 60 miles to the nearest Ford dealer able to lift it to perform the inspection.

They just called to say that the parts are backordered and it "could be weeks" before they are in. They recommend not driving it until the parts are available.

I have called them back quoting the Ford recall notice that says:

* If Greater than 5 miles on the odometer and Ford parts are not available, an interim service procedure will be performed.
* A follow up service appointment will be required when Ford parts become available.

Then later: Ford has not issued instructions to stop driving your vehicle under this safety recall. You should contact your dealer for an appointment to have your vehicle remedied as soon as practicable. You can continue to safely drive your vehicle unless you notice an odor, hear metallic grinding or whining sounds from the rear of the vehicle or perceive vehicle drag.

Called the Ford Motorhome Service number at 800-444-3311 but they are telling me 1 to 2 days to get a response from their technical desk.

My wife works for the schools. Summer is when we can travel. Already have several reservations inside the cancellation window.

I am one disgruntled Thor owner right now.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:09 PM   #6

Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
So IF we didn't get a letter, and IF our VIN didn't come up with anything from nhtsa.gov, our unit is NOT affected? I just saw this thread and will give FORD a call to double check.

I will be vigilant and observe for this "notice an odor, hear metallic grinding or whining sounds from the rear of the vehicle or perceive vehicle drag".

Also came across this Ford TSB 20-2370 for some models of 2020 Ford F53.
ador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:28 AM   #7

Model: 33.1
State: Alabama
THOR #21442
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
So IF we didn't get a letter, and IF our VIN didn't come up with anything from nhtsa.gov, our unit is NOT affected? I just saw this thread and will give FORD a call to double check.

I will be vigilant and observe for this "notice an odor, hear metallic grinding or whining sounds from the rear of the vehicle or perceive vehicle drag".

Also came across this Ford TSB 20-2370 for some models of 2020 Ford F53.
I have the same chassis and according to the VIN check, mines not affected either.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:13 PM   #8

State: Georgia
THOR #23857
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachSteve View Post
Ours was affected by the recall. I received the letter from Ford and Thor. I had to drive it 60 miles to the nearest Ford dealer able to lift it to perform the inspection.

They just called to say that the parts are backordered and it "could be weeks" before they are in. They recommend not driving it until the parts are available.

I have called them back quoting the Ford recall notice that says:

* If Greater than 5 miles on the odometer and Ford parts are not available, an interim service procedure will be performed.
* A follow up service appointment will be required when Ford parts become available.

Then later: Ford has not issued instructions to stop driving your vehicle under this safety recall. You should contact your dealer for an appointment to have your vehicle remedied as soon as practicable. You can continue to safely drive your vehicle unless you notice an odor, hear metallic grinding or whining sounds from the rear of the vehicle or perceive vehicle drag.

Called the Ford Motorhome Service number at 800-444-3311 but they are telling me 1 to 2 days to get a response from their technical desk.

My wife works for the schools. Summer is when we can travel. Already have several reservations inside the cancellation window.

I am one disgruntled Thor owner right now.
Very disappointed as well because Thor still had possession of my unit when the recall came out in March? so why didn’t they check it and remed the issue then versus driving it 700+ miles to the dealership. I then put 3.5k miles on it before I received the letter from Ford.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:43 PM   #9
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelf1 View Post
Very disappointed as well because Thor still had possession of my unit when the recall came out in March? so why didn’t they check it and remed the issue then versus driving it 700+ miles to the dealership. I then put 3.5k miles on it before I received the letter from Ford.
Thor is not in the business of remedying Ford recalls.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:28 PM   #10

State: Georgia
THOR #23857
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Thor is not in the business of remedying Ford recalls.
At some point wouldn’t doing the right thing for future customers make sense? I got it the issue is not Thor’s but they are not clean from missing quality defects also. As a business owner I go out of my way to ensure my brand is solid and my customers are taken care of regardless. In return my business continues to grow because quality assurance brings back repeat customers and their word of mouth brings more.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:59 PM   #11
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelf1 View Post
At some point wouldn’t doing the right thing for future customers make sense? I got it the issue is not Thor’s but they are not clean from missing quality defects also. As a business owner I go out of my way to ensure my brand is solid and my customers are taken care of regardless. In return my business continues to grow because quality assurance brings back repeat customers and their word of mouth brings more.
No. If Thor handles the warranty they assume liability if an idiot tech screws up.

Thor is doing right for the customer by making you go to Ford for recalls.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:54 PM   #12

THOR #20220
agree pure FORD issue. FORD should put of a release stating any MH RV recalls please call this number we care
Old 06-17-2021, 04:02 PM   #13
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
agree pure FORD issue. FORD should put of a release stating any MH RV recalls please call this number we care
No they should not.

Owners, repeat, owners should follow the instructions on the notice they receive from Ford or Thor.

If an owner can’t read a recall letter and needs their hand held they need to get out of RV’ing because they don’t possess the proper amount of active gray matter between the ears.