Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2021, 11:04 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyfou View Post
That stem is no longer available just replaced the unit it’s all brass now no plastic but now I need help because the water doesn’t pump. city water works great. City and dry camp are now on the same selector
I wonder if you replaced it with the wrong valve? Mine was always on the same valve. The only separate value I have on my Miramar is for the hot water so I can winterize. Everything else (ie.: city, pump, filter by pass, filter, tank fill) are all on the single Anderson Valve.

Old 08-09-2021, 06:47 PM   #22

Brand: DRV
Model: PS3 Elite
State: Minnesota
THOR #3564
Anderson Kantleak is a piece of garbage. Look, I’m not one to slam something publicly without plenty of merit. I am now replacing my fourth Kantleak with the “latest and greatest” all brass model. They have not stood behind their product and have told me failures are from improper installation by DRV and Dealerships. All four panels have filled and overflowed the holding tank whenever on city water. I have had to live off the tank and the pump ever since I bought my rig new in 2015. The current panel is also leaking at the plastic hose connection whenever water is pressurized due to a hairline crack. It’s funny how Anderson Brass says there is nothing wrong with their product yet they go through an entire redesign eliminating plastic and changing the valve selectors to something that doesn’t “click” now. They then happily collect another $220 or so and have an employee picnic. I can’t believe I can have four failures yet some comments suggest this is a rare event. I beg to differ.
2013 HD Ultra Limited
AlmostRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:03 PM   #23

Model: Miramar
State: California
THOR #22927
I read so many horror stories about this valve. I bought one just for a spare. After reading all the posts. I hope I never have any issues. But I think my day will come.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:58 PM   #24

THOR #5462
So we have resolved the problem $320 later and several conversations with Anderson if u go to the new model make sure they’ve put the check valve in the right place mine was in the line that shut off the tank from the MH inlet had to reposition that so be watchful if u go to the 2 way valve so far now it works great
Old 08-09-2021, 10:26 PM   #25

Brand: DRV
Model: PS3 Elite
THOR #3564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyfou View Post
So we have resolved the problem $320 later and several conversations with Anderson if u go to the new model make sure they’ve put the check valve in the right place mine was in the line that shut off the tank from the MH inlet had to reposition that so be watchful if u go to the 2 way valve so far now it works great
Thank you. I did see the instructions where you have to switch the two lines to coordinate with the labeling. They didn’t get the redesign right and appear to have had an “Oops!” moment after production. ‘Nuff said.