Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2021, 01:38 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #8122
Frameless window leaks

We have a 2018 hurricane and have had it into the dealer four times to have the passengers window fixed due to it leaking. They supposedly replaced it and have had it back three times since. We have caulked they caulked etc. does anyone else have this problem and if so what did you do? I am ready to take it back to the manufacturer for repair

Old 06-15-2021, 01:24 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjb1950 View Post
We have a 2018 hurricane and have had it into the dealer four times to have the passengers window fixed due to it leaking. They supposedly replaced it and have had it back three times since. We have caulked they caulked etc. does anyone else have this problem and if so what did you do? I am ready to take it back to the manufacturer for repair

Are you certain the window is the source of the leak? Generally windows are not all that difficult to seal and after four attempts yours ought to be fine! I had water damage under the driver’s side window on my Winnebago and it turned out that the leak was on the roof. The water just ran down inside the wall around the window.
Old 06-15-2021, 02:27 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1623767254
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	What He Said....jpg
Views:	117
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	31373  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:25 PM   #4

THOR #8122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Are you certain the window is the source of the leak? Generally windows are not all that difficult to seal and after four attempts yours ought to be fine! I had water damage under the driver’s side window on my Winnebago and it turned out that the leak was on the roof. The water just ran down inside the wall around the window.
We have actually taken pictures of it dripping from the middle of the window into the bottom ledge of the dog window and puddling in there
Old 06-15-2021, 07:30 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
We have actually taken pictures of it dripping from the middle of the window into the bottom ledge of the dog wi down and puddling in there
I understand that...
But why not try giving it the "garden hose test"; and see if the leak from the outside: is actually the window...
The leak could still be from above... and finding it's way inside: at the window...
Good luck!
Old 06-15-2021, 07:42 PM   #6

THOR #8122
Will try only seems to leak when it is a stein and windy tain
Old 06-15-2021, 07:54 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I almost forgot...
Welcome to the Forum also!
Old 06-15-2021, 10:03 PM   #8

THOR #8122
Thanks ��
Old 06-16-2021, 03:55 PM   #9

Model: 2015 ACE 29.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4359
I caulked the top of the dog window and the windows above and added a drip edge to help elevate any leaks.
https://www.amazon.com/Trim-Lok-Drip...a-827632119775
Old 06-16-2021, 05:36 PM   #10

Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
Quote:
Do you have a Wineguard antenna above the passanger on the roof?
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:42 PM   #11

THOR #8122
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
Do you have a Wineguard antenna above the passanger on the roof?
No the antenna is over the kitchen area about six feet behind the passenger seat. It is the antenna that came with the MH
Old 06-16-2021, 08:45 PM   #12

THOR #8122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemate View Post
I caulked the top of the dog window and the windows above and added a drip edge to help elevate any leaks.
https://www.amazon.com/Trim-Lok-Drip...a-827632119775
How far down did you put your drip guard in the sides and in a frameless window how close did you put it. Is it hard to remove if you need to re-caulk at anytime
Old 06-17-2021, 03:23 PM   #13

Model: 2015 ACE 29.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4359
Quote:
How far down did you put your drip guard in the sides and in a frameless window how close did you put it. Is it hard to remove if you need to re-caulk at anytime
i caulked it with a high quality black silicone sealant.
i put then right up against the window. have not had no issues .(didn't realize how long ago I did it)
see posts below 1888 and 1890 for pics.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/ace...ml#post4719119
hope this helps
Old 06-19-2021, 06:20 PM   #14

State: Colorado
THOR #9490
Quote:
When you purchase an RV, it's easy to miss the sticker that says "Not for Outdoor Use".
Old 06-19-2021, 06:32 PM   #15

Model: 34j hurricane
State: Arizona
THOR #20884
Both windows

Quote:
Same issue on my 2020 Hurricane, Thor replaced the passenger side seal waiting on the Drivers side to be replaced. It’s the seal that is the issue.
Old 06-19-2021, 06:55 PM   #16

Model: 2019 Freedom Traveler A30
State: Oregon
THOR #15824
We developed a leak on the driver's side of our 2019 Freedom Traveler A30 (similar to the Hurricane). I didn’t think it was the window and since we have two antennas directly above on the roof I suspected the source of the leak might be there. I didn’t see any cracks in the Dicor but added Eternabond anyway. I also checked all other roof items and seams and found no cracks or defects. A leak can originate quite distant from where it appears inside the coach. Water can and does easily flow between roof layers. I also added additional sealant around the outside of the window even though what was there looked fine. The leak continued. The dealer determined the driver’s window was somehow seated askew and replaced the window. Expensive problem solved. I’m uncertain if this was a manufacturing defect or something else, but we’ve experienced no collisions. I’ve been wondering if, perhaps, the auto-leveling process could have something to do with it. It’s a fairly “rough” process and I worry the coach body could have been torqued which might have disrupted the window seating. Not sure. In any case we have taken to leveling manually which is a much more controllable and less violent process. Good luck!
Old 06-19-2021, 11:29 PM   #17

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Georgia
THOR #18370
Welcome to my dilemma!! I have the very same issue with my 2018 Thor Miramar!! Same Window leaks like crazy when it rains and i have caulked carefully all around the window... Must be coming from someplace else but i don't know how to locate it! I have another friend with a Thor Challenger... Same Issue... Same Window! I have a Mobile Tech coming soon to see if he can help, meantime it's just "pick up the wet towels... replace with dry towels"! UGH
BTW: I made a Post several weeks ago and Thor said a Customer Service Person would be contacting me... Nadda... Crickets since then!
Old 06-20-2021, 02:56 PM   #18

Model: Miramar 37.1 SOLD
State: Michigan
THOR #2972
Driver side window on my Miramar

I have a 2018 Miramar and had it repaired 3 or 4 times by the dealer and THOR service center and myself, finally the service center told me they took the window out and cleaned all the old caulk off and replaced the window, still leaked, I got on a ladder and took pictures down the side of the RV and showed them while I was at the service center, check it after they claimed they fixed it and was the same. See attached pictures.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4585.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	31503   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5610.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	31504  

Name:	IMG_4573.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	31505   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4586.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	31506  

Old 06-22-2021, 12:32 AM   #19

Model: Axis 25.4
State: Delaware
THOR #12773
Not sure any of this helps but also got screwed by service center. Was suppose to replace both windows with warranty work only did one. Still got a leak on heavy down pours. Came up with my own solution and made covers that go over the windows while parked. Not perfect but no more leaks. I determined the source was seal on the window that slides. Water hose test proved it. Duct taped plastic over it sprayed hard with water no leak.