Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-08-2020, 12:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #10718
Frameless windows

I recently had to repair a second frameless window on our 2017 Venetian A40. The metal plate attached to the interior of the glass came off. Fortunately, both occasions were discovered while the coach was parked. I am aware that some similar issues were reported when RV's were in motion. The cause for my issues were discovered while I was doing regular maintenance inspection. The problem has been that the adhesive material used to attach the extension plate had dried out. The repair is fairly easy. Remove the plate, clean it. I have used double sided mounting tape to reattach the plate. The tape can be found at most hardware stores for under $6.00. So far so good.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:56 PM   #2

Model: Aria 3401
State: Arkansas
THOR #12542
Had one fail on our 2018 Aria while travelling. Taped it shut with gaffers tape (inside and out) to keep it shut until we got where we were going.

Gaffers tape is good to keep on hand. It's similar to duct tape but less likely to leave residue behind when removing.
Old 09-26-2021, 09:16 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Mississippi
THOR #24459
The Steps to Installing a Frameless RV Window: First, remove the RV window. Look at your RV window and check the location of the screws that secure it to the RV wall. Ensure you use the correct screwdriver to loosen and remove the fasteners from their slots. The window seal should also come off when removing the old RV window, you might have to scrape the rubber seal from the perimeter. Verify the fit of the frameless window into the hole before installing it. Ensure the exterior window flange does not overlap while providing an exceptional seal to the RV’s sidewall. Prepare the frameless window, then install it. Ensure the trim’s correct alignment before fastening the corner screws.*
Old 09-26-2021, 03:36 PM   #4

Model: Venetion
State: Nevada
THOR #19899
I had the same issue on 3 windows of my 2017 A40. I tried the tape but it did not work here in the heat of Las Vegas. I ended up using an epoxy that has worked as far. Our came loose while driving and had to use super glue for a short term fix. I always carry some now. My wife did not like holding the window closed for about 40 miles till I could his the next hardware store. Make sure you mark where the arm gets reattached. I have repaired 3 windows and 1 of them I'm off about an 1/8 of an inch but its enough to catch a little. Need to fix that when I have time.
Old 09-29-2021, 12:42 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: Mississippi
THOR #24459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daley07 View Post
The Steps to Installing a Frameless RV Window: First, remove the RV window. Look at your RV window and check the location of the screws that secure it to the RV wall. Ensure you use the correct screwdriver to loosen and remove the fasteners from their slots. The window seal should also come off when removing the old RV window, you might have to scrape the rubber seal from the perimeter. Verify the fit of the frameless window into the hole before installing it. Ensure the exterior window flange does not overlap while providing an exceptional seal to the RV’s sidewall. Prepare the frameless window, then install it. Ensure the trim’s correct alignment before fastening the corner screws.*
Finish the frameless RV window installation by putting back the different treatments. I suggest looking at these materials and replacing them with new ones, particularly if they detract from your newly installed window’s aesthetics.
Old 09-29-2021, 01:37 PM   #6
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daley07 View Post
Finish the frameless RV window installation by putting back the different treatments. I suggest looking at these materials and replacing them with new ones, particularly if they detract from your newly installed window’s aesthetics.

Cut-n-Paste/Plagiarize much?

https://www.rvweb.net/install-frameless-rv-window/

I believe that is a copyright violation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linked article
Copyright © 2021 The RV Web Network. All Rights Reserved.
Enjoy your vacation!
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote