Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2020, 08:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
Windscreen washers

Hi, the windscreen washers of our '16 Vegas are always getting blocked at the brass connector that connects the inner water tube to the outer tube. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm having to continually strip and unblock the darned thing. Seems as if the brass is corroding inside, anyone got a fix for this ? Thanks.

Old 06-05-2020, 02:18 AM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I see no responses to you yet and I will admit I don’t know the coach or the specific brass fitting you are referring to in your posting. Not all brass alloys are created equal and possibly something in your wiper water mix is reacting to this particular "faux brass" wiper system fitting.

If it is just calcification I would expect the actual wiper arm water jet(s) to be more likely to block from calcification first (especially from only occasional use and using hard water). If it is only the brass fitting that is a consistent problem, you could try a nylon equivalent for the brass if you can find one.....Amazon or eBay might save the day?
Old 06-05-2020, 06:45 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
Hi, thanks. Did my usual cleaning last night, poke thru the brass fittings and blow them or with the air line. It has to be something that was put in by the dealer as it's only the little, brass connector that goes through the front of the RV next to the wiper shaft, the jets at the end of the arm were clear. I've now emptied the reservoir and filled with only water, there was a solution in it, hope that cures it.��